Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

quaife lsd

Old 01-24-2007, 09:53 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
silviaslide has disabled reputation
Default Re: quaife lsd

ok to clear a few thing up,the car is intended to be turbo with 7-10+psi,and used to autox and road coarses,pluss highway driving,but the first two are the most important,so based on what i read i think what dave22 said best fits the the intended use.thanks to everyone for advice.
Old 01-25-2007, 02:15 AM
Yes I race a HONDA!!

vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec

Originally Posted by silviaslide
ok to clear a few thing up,the car is intended to be turbo with 7-10+psi,and used to autox and road coarses,pluss highway driving,but the first two are the most important,so based on what i read i think what dave22 said best fits the the intended use.thanks to everyone for advice.
If the car is indended for track days and Autox then why boost it at all???? The price you will spend on your turbo set up and tuning will pay for a 3-4 track events. It is best to have experiance on the track before you go throwing power at the car. If not you are going to get pissed off as little low powered NA cars @100hp fill you rear view mirror. As for autox unless you plan on cutting the shit out of your fenders so you can squeeze the widest hoosier or Kumho under the car (add $2000 for wheels and tires) you will just be spinning your wheels, again being slower that lower powered cars.

Boost for a novice track driver :thumbsdown:
Boost for a FWD car with street tires or front R-compounds less that 275's :thumbsdown:

Last edited by vbspec; 01-25-2007 at 02:25 AM.
Old 01-25-2007, 07:15 AM
Super Secret Agent

Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer

Originally Posted by vbspec
If the car is indended for track days and Autox then why boost it at all???? The price you will spend on your turbo set up and tuning will pay for a 3-4 track events. It is best to have experiance on the track before you go throwing power at the car. If not you are going to get pissed off as little low powered NA cars @100hp fill you rear view mirror. As for autox unless you plan on cutting the shit out of your fenders so you can squeeze the widest hoosier or Kumho under the car (add $2000 for wheels and tires) you will just be spinning your wheels, again being slower that lower powered cars.

Boost for a novice track driver :thumbsdown:
Boost for a FWD car with street tires or front R-compounds less that 275's :thumbsdown:
agreed. Boost isn't going to be great for a novice driver. You're just going to end up spinning tires and torque steering.