Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

problems with the new clutch

Old 03-21-2004, 04:45 PM
AKA DEATH TRAP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these parts
Angry problems with the new clutch

i just installed a new clutch in my b16 tranny (s1) its a oem stock clutch. i got ready to back it out of the drive way and it grinded like no other in reverse.so i thought maybe i put the clutch disk on backwards. i took the tranny off again and the clutch it was on right so i put it back together.it did the same thing again.my tranny was good before i have the cable tensioned as fas as i could and it still does the same thing it won't even go in 12345th gears.theres too much play in the pedal. any suggestions.
Old 03-21-2004, 06:20 PM

1slowCRX is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: problems with the new clutch

Does the clutch release fork move when you press the clutch down? If not you have a broken cable.........or you might just have it adjusted wrong
Old 03-21-2004, 06:36 PM
AKA DEATH TRAP

sikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by 1slowCRX
Does the clutch release fork move when you press the clutch down? If not you have a broken cable.........or you might just have it adjusted wrong

the fork moves. i have tightened te cable as much as i could and loosened it too.thanks
Old 03-22-2004, 03:21 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

you did put a throwout bearing on didnt you.....just checking, you said it wont go into any gear cause theres too much play, if theres nothing to push down the pressure plate,(the throwout bearing is about 2 inches thick), then it wont go into any gear and you will have lots of play.......
Old 03-22-2004, 10:04 AM
Banned

Boosted2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

did u replace the pessure plate lol. I found out thats the problem in the fiero i have. THe previous owner didnt replace it. DUMBASS GUY. Also is the fork bent maybe?
Old 03-22-2004, 01:19 PM
AKA DEATH TRAP

Originally Posted by Boosted2003
did u replace the pessure plate lol. I found out thats the problem in the fiero i have. THe previous owner didnt replace it. DUMBASS GUY. Also is the fork bent maybe?
I've replaced the pressure plate and the throughout bearing and the disc of course.i might try taking it apart one more time and using the old pressure plate and bearing!hopefully that should work. any more suggestions
Old 03-22-2004, 01:49 PM
Stock LS What ?

aemhatch aemhatch aemhatch aemhatch aemhatch aemhatch aemhatch aemhatch aemhatch aemhatch aemhatch

Put a new cable in it .i just put a clutch in a ls crx and it did the same thing.Oh if it still dosent work the pressure plate is bad this can happen with new parts this has also happend to me
Old 03-22-2004, 03:24 PM

tatmonster has disabled reputation

will it go in all the gears when its not running?? if it does that, then the cable is too tight, loosen it up. my friends car was doing the same thing, and the cable was pulling the clutch in too far. thats my suggestion.