Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

clutch problems

Old 09-22-2005, 01:16 PM
i see you! ಠ_ಠ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
spidsta spidsta spidsta spidsta spidsta spidsta spidsta spidsta spidsta spidsta spidsta
Default clutch problems

sorry this question is newbie, and i wasn't finding a straight answer on honda-tech. so ill try drag..

i was replacing my header on my D15B7 and when i went to put in the o2 sensor, i removed the clutch bleeding valve because it was in the way. I hope its the clutch bleeding valve, its the one between the engine and the radiator, on the front of the tranny. correct me if im wrong.

anyways, i was finished with the install but my stupidass forgot to put back the valve, so when i went to start my car, i pushed the clutch all the way down and of course, fluid sprayed everywhere. the clutch pedal depressed quick, and it would get stuck on the floor. so im guessing i just need to bleed my system, cuz thers air in there, right?

i put dot-3 brake fluid in the clutch resivor (sp) because when i took off the cap, it was empty. This being my first manual, i wasn't sure how to bleed the system, or if it was the same as bleeding the brakes.

so i have someone step on the clutch, loosen the screw, let it drip down a tube into a jar, tightened, then bring the clutch pedal back up. is that correct? and i keep doing this until i get pressure on my pedal? someone correct me if im doing something wrong, because theres still no pressure in my clutch system.

Last edited by spidsta; 09-22-2005 at 01:28 PM.
Old 09-22-2005, 01:20 PM
psycho jungle cat

Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift
Default Re: clutch problems

Get a new slave cylinder.
Old 09-22-2005, 01:27 PM
i see you! ಠ_ಠ

spidsta spidsta spidsta spidsta spidsta spidsta spidsta spidsta spidsta spidsta spidsta

did i just brake my slave cylinder by taking off the valve and pressing the clutch?

fuck
Old 09-22-2005, 01:30 PM
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike

No, you've got air in it. Keep bleeding it. With the clutch pedal all the way up, crack the bleeder, have your friend depress teh clutch pedal, then tighten down the bleeder, tell him to pick his foot up and let the pedal come up. Add some fluid. Repeat until pedal is firm again. It's JUST like bleeding brakes, but simpler because you don't have to do it 4 times.
Old 09-22-2005, 01:39 PM
i see you! ಠ_ಠ

okay ill try it when i get home, thanks man.

and thanks for the quick response.

Last edited by spidsta; 09-22-2005 at 01:42 PM.
Old 09-22-2005, 04:02 PM
i see you! ಠ_ಠ

ok i went home from work and tried what sk8rmike said with another person.. i did it about 8-9 times, and we're getting nothing better. the clutch still depresses quickly, and stays on the floor, and only a little bit of fluid is coming out each time. so we're getting no pressure whatsoever.

and is the fluid coming out supposed to be dark as hell?

ill try agian tomorrow morning. any suggestions will be much appreciated.
Old 09-22-2005, 05:45 PM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

Originally Posted by spidsta
ok i went home from work and tried what sk8rmike said with another person.. i did it about 8-9 times, and we're getting nothing better. the clutch still depresses quickly, and stays on the floor, and only a little bit of fluid is coming out each time. so we're getting no pressure whatsoever.

and is the fluid coming out supposed to be dark as hell?

ill try agian tomorrow morning. any suggestions will be much appreciated.
the fluid should be clear...sounds like you just have a lot of air in the system. keep bleeding it untill the fluid is clear. or if you like i can fix it
Old 09-22-2005, 06:07 PM
i see you! ಠ_ಠ

okay ill bleed it tomorrow.
if i dont get it working, ill let you know.
Old 09-23-2005, 05:15 PM
i see you! ಠ_ಠ

thanks guys, it worked. i bled it til i got pressure.

but lo and behold, when i installed the header, ive got an exhaust leak, and check engine light came on. fuck this car
i even bought a new o2
Old 09-28-2005, 06:55 PM
Full Access Member

jlgrtype jlgrtype jlgrtype jlgrtype jlgrtype jlgrtype jlgrtype

just take the back up fuse out, and if it comec back on check the codes