Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Problems with Field VTEC controller

Old 08-26-2004, 06:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TempesRacing01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Problems with Field VTEC controller

I just bought this product, hooked it up correctly, but now my car throws check engine lights when it turned on. I can turn the Unit off and it will turn the CEL off. Has anybody ever encountered this before? O yea its on an 88 CRX Si. The code its throwin is a CODE 3, Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor.

Last edited by TempesRacing01; 08-26-2004 at 06:09 PM.
Old 08-26-2004, 06:42 PM
Old School Beast

PoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Problems with Field VTEC controller

its not wired right , i will fix it for you for $20 , can do it tom if you want , i have installed a billion of these in ef's , its may fav vafc.
Old 08-26-2004, 07:46 PM

yea thats great and all but im not payin for no one to work on my car. u can be a nice person and tell me wuts up. cuz u gotta know what wires are mixed up. and if u dont its ok, im no dumb ass, i can figure it out. dont come on my thread and offer work for money cuz, i woulda went to a shop if i wanted to spend cash
Old 08-26-2004, 07:59 PM
Old School Beast

PoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these parts

lol , please dont get me started by being a smartass , you asked for help and i offered it , and if you could figure it out , you would have. Anyways , what wiring diagram did you use , On the harness for the vafc there are 2 wires for the map sensor , one goes to the ecu , one goes to the sensor. You have them backwards , switch the 2 wires around and you should have no check engine. How is the motor running with the cel , do you smell fuel ? Does it smell rich ?
Old 08-26-2004, 08:06 PM

damn man, sorry bout that lil frustrated bout the car. I be Wilin sometimes. But anyways, yea it smells like fuel. When the car first started though it cut right off. But then i hit it again and the CEL came on and it started.
Old 08-26-2004, 08:09 PM
Old School Beast

switch those 2 wires around and it should fix your problem.
Old 08-26-2004, 08:12 PM
nannerpus, nannerpus

Carter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by PoS hYbRiD
switch those 2 wires around and it should fix your problem.
you're too nice.