Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

HELP PLEASE, Field Controller BLUES!!!...

Old 09-30-2004, 06:19 AM
Da Slickest CL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JDMCLUDE has disabled reputation
Default HELP PLEASE, Field Controller BLUES!!!...

What's up man, I have been researching a problem I have been receiving with my field SFC unit and I finally came across someone I believe that may beable to help me get this right. I have installed the Field Controller in my car, and everything is working perfect except for the RPMs. I tapped directly into the tach wire from the distributor since I could not find the wire at the ecu for my life. I am using a Skunk2 OBD 2 to OBD 1 Jumper harness and with all my wiring schematics I am unable to find that wire at the ECU, that is why I went from the disbributor. Any how, The field unit is reading the RPMs way off. My car will be idling at 1000rpms and the unit will be reading anywhere between 4800 and 5200rpms. I am not sure what the problem is but the dude I bought it from said it worked like a charm in his car and he believes it is my wiring. Also, I disconnected everything and just had the power, ground and tach connected. Same problem and to complicate things more, I decided to take the car for a spin just to see what would happen, and when I stepped on the gas at 4000rpms the Controller would go back to zero. I am not sure what the problem is. I was going to check my ground, and throw a multi meter on the tach wire to see if there is a change in resistance. Other than that I was wondering if you ever experienced this, and if so what did you do to fix it.
Old 09-30-2004, 07:50 AM
Da Slickest CL

Default Re: HELP PLEASE, Field Controller BLUES!!!...

Can anyone help me?
Old 09-30-2004, 12:03 PM
Da Slickest CL

Still no takers on some help?
Old 09-30-2004, 12:09 PM
Function>Form

DA-BEAST is infamous around these partsDA-BEAST is infamous around these partsDA-BEAST is infamous around these partsDA-BEAST is infamous around these partsDA-BEAST is infamous around these partsDA-BEAST is infamous around these partsDA-BEAST is infamous around these partsDA-BEAST is infamous around these partsDA-BEAST is infamous around these partsDA-BEAST is infamous around these partsDA-BEAST is infamous around these parts

cliffnotes might help....
Old 09-30-2004, 02:48 PM
Da Slickest CL

Angry Re: HELP PLEASE, Field Controller BLUES!!!...

Originally Posted by DA-BEAST
cliffnotes might help....
Cliff notes, what the fuck kinda reply is that????? Bitch keep that shit to yourself, This shit is serious. I am trying to get my shit running right and you wanna fuckin joke? Fuck this forum, and fuck you!!!!!!!! And you think this is cyber muscles? Mothafucka I am in MD, you name the place!!!! Fuck that. Wanna fuckin crack jokes when I am trying to get help. Fuck YOU!!!!!!

Last edited by JDMCLUDE; 09-30-2004 at 03:22 PM.
Old 10-02-2004, 04:46 PM
Registered Member

NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668

Originally Posted by JDMCLUDE
Cliff notes, what the fuck kinda reply is that????? Bitch keep that shit to yourself, This shit is serious. I am trying to get my shit running right and you wanna fuckin joke? Fuck this forum, and fuck you!!!!!!!! And you think this is cyber muscles? Mothafucka I am in MD, you name the place!!!! Fuck that. Wanna fuckin crack jokes when I am trying to get help. Fuck YOU!!!!!!

HAHAHHAHA OMG FUCKING NEW PEOPLE JESUS CHRIST we need to screen the fucking people before letting them in

Cliff notes would YEAR MAKE MODEL MOTOR SPECS MODS TO SAID MOTOR.........FUCKING CHRIST you mother fuckers come on here with 5151541 problems and dont us one spec of useful fucking information on what kinda fucking car you drive. The you get fucking pissed off cause YOU are the fucking MORON
Old 10-04-2004, 09:53 AM
Cruising @ 8000ft

hatch77 is an unknown quantity at this point

you should have got a VAFC instead of the Field....

those things are terrible.
Old 10-04-2004, 10:27 PM
BOXIN YOU

gen4H22A is an unknown quantity at this point

yes i have heard that the fields thing will fuck your shit up some how....anyone else heard that?