Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Power steering question

Old 04-22-2008, 06:20 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
STAY TUNED STAY TUNED STAY TUNED STAY TUNED STAY TUNED STAY TUNED STAY TUNED STAY TUNED STAY TUNED STAY TUNED STAY TUNED
Default Power steering question

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

okay so today i was driving and everything was fine well randomly i slowly start feeling my steering wheel getting harder to turn like its locking up so i park and im sitting at idle and the car wont even turn the wheels but if i rev the engine the wheels turned and same with driving seems like the faster i go the better the handeling but when im going slow it locks up, does anyone know what may have caused this? im thinking lack of power steering fluid but its dark and raining out so i cant check till tomarrow morning. also i can hear the car whining up when i try turning the wheel.
Old 04-22-2008, 06:22 AM
Registered Member

toyota_aristo is a jewel in the roughtoyota_aristo is a jewel in the roughtoyota_aristo is a jewel in the roughtoyota_aristo is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Power steering question

Sounds like low fluid or bad pump. When it's hard to turn the wheels, do you hear a strange whinning noise as your turning? Good luck.
Old 04-22-2008, 06:25 AM
Zombies found Waldo

buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie

or maybe a loose belt. does it squeal?
Old 04-22-2008, 06:27 AM
1.6L Elitist

Newbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these parts

check
1> Fluid
2> Belt
3> Pump

in that order. then get back to me.
Old 04-22-2008, 01:36 PM
Banned

STAY TUNED STAY TUNED STAY TUNED STAY TUNED STAY TUNED STAY TUNED STAY TUNED STAY TUNED STAY TUNED STAY TUNED STAY TUNED

it does make a whining noise when i try turning it. The fluid was low but we filled it up to the top so its full now and its still doing it. and the belt is fine. im thinking i need a new pump and they are like $750 through mitsubishi thats the only place who had it
Old 04-22-2008, 01:49 PM
Registered Member

GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX

MAYBE YOU SHOULD STOP DRIVING SINCE U AINT GOT A LICENSE. ITS YOUR CARS WAY OF TELLING YOU NOT TO.

in all seriousness though...
you try bap? see if ryan or brandon has the hook up. i gotta website that i get my oem stuff from. ill send u the link when i get home.
Old 04-23-2008, 05:15 AM
1.6L Elitist

Newbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by TMRVA
it does make a whining noise when i try turning it. The fluid was low but we filled it up to the top so its full now and its still doing it. and the belt is fine. im thinking i need a new pump and they are like $750 through mitsubishi thats the only place who had it
Here, I'll be your hero. Pick up the pump used. Here is a good link and there are lots:

http://car-part.com/
Old 04-24-2008, 05:13 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Newbsauce
Here, I'll be your hero. Pick up the pump used. Here is a good link and there are lots:

http://car-part.com/
wow, thanks that site is sweet. i never heard of that !!