Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

94' civic auto. to manual conversion questions

Old 04-06-2008, 07:41 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pt0wn_4door has disabled reputation
Default 94' civic auto. to manual conversion questions

Came across this car its a good deal but i would like to change it to a manual transmission if i buy it and was just wondering how much of a pain it is to do that. Is there any kind of mods needed were the shifter comes through the floor? Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks.
Old 04-06-2008, 07:48 PM
Registered Member

flacopower
Default Re: 94' civic auto. to manual conversion questions

SEARCH
Old 04-08-2008, 05:10 AM
gotta go gotta go

cr1m3rat3z has a reputation beyond reputecr1m3rat3z has a reputation beyond reputecr1m3rat3z has a reputation beyond reputecr1m3rat3z has a reputation beyond reputecr1m3rat3z has a reputation beyond reputecr1m3rat3z has a reputation beyond reputecr1m3rat3z has a reputation beyond reputecr1m3rat3z has a reputation beyond reputecr1m3rat3z has a reputation beyond repute

Umm, yeah a search wouldn't hurt but generally speaking, auto to manny swaps aren't really all that difficult. It's a matter of how mechanically inclined you are/aren't. Easiest way to go about it is to make sure that you have everything you need prior to the dismantling of parts. Do you have a: manual transmission with the proper flywheel & clutch & pressure plate (with matching bolts), clutch fork, release bearing, half shaft, axles, clutch pedal, i believe you can use just the brake pedal arm from a manual tranny to replace the auto pedal, master cylinder with reservoir, slave cylinder, clutch lines (oem or custom fitted), fluid for the clutch lines, fluid for the tranny, some more fluid called beer, and all the necessary sockets/tools? If you have all this and a little bit of mechanical savvy, plus a whole lot of patience, then it shouldn't be too bad.
Old 04-08-2008, 12:28 PM
Registered Member

Thumbs up Re: 94' civic auto. to manual conversion questions

I had searched but none of my searches came up with things I would need, thanks for the help though.
lol. more fluid called beer.
Old 04-08-2008, 01:24 PM
for alarms/rmt-strts

EH3_SOHC has disabled reputation

maybe my search is better than yours????

https://www.vadriven.com/forums/show...highlight=auto
Old 04-08-2008, 01:56 PM
Registered Member

1rude2l has disabled reputation

I have found it easier to, on top of what everyone else has stated. Is to remove the auto tranny bracket from the passenger side frame rail. Not hard to do just drill out the spot welds, in return do the same with a donor car. Probably have to find one in a junk yard, drill out the spot welds and get it rewelded in the exact same spot from the donor car onto your car. The two brackets are different.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:30 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by 1rude2l
I have found it easier to, on top of what everyone else has stated. Is to remove the auto tranny bracket from the passenger side frame rail. Not hard to do just drill out the spot welds, in return do the same with a donor car. Probably have to find one in a junk yard, drill out the spot welds and get it rewelded in the exact same spot from the donor car onto your car. The two brackets are different.
Theres a conversion kit I could use though right? At least thats what ive been told???
Old 04-09-2008, 01:38 PM
Registered Member

1rude2l has disabled reputation

yes there is. auto to manual mount for the top tranny mount. Not to sure how it would work if you are doing a b series swap though.
Old 04-09-2008, 08:17 PM
Registered Member

Well that shouldn't be a problem for for me anyways because even though right now I have b series dreams I still got a d series budget. So i'll prob. just do sohc vtec, y8 or z6 or maybe even mini me, not even thought that much about it really.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:11 AM
Registered Member

1kreationz has disabled reputation

i've done a auto to manual on a 97 ek hatch, pretty simple.....get your hands on slave cynlinder, master cynlinder, clutch lines, clutch pedal and have the reverse sgnal wire from tranny wire up to ecu, forgot what pin was it but, its pretty simple, also your gonna have to cutt a hole for the shifter...!

Quick Reply: 94' civic auto. to manual conversion questions