Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

pilot bearing

Old 03-31-2007, 07:04 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MookHaasa has much to be proud ofMookHaasa has much to be proud ofMookHaasa has much to be proud ofMookHaasa has much to be proud ofMookHaasa has much to be proud ofMookHaasa has much to be proud ofMookHaasa has much to be proud ofMookHaasa has much to be proud ofMookHaasa has much to be proud ofMookHaasa has much to be proud ofMookHaasa has much to be proud of
Default pilot bearing

i can't remove the a/t pilot bearing out of my 1989 240sx. Help me. I want someone to just come to my house and do it so i can finish the auto to manual swap. I have tried pilot bearing puller tool and have kind of tried the grease gun method but think i am doing it half assed or wrong.
Old 03-31-2007, 07:06 PM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA
Default Re: pilot bearing

normally an automatic does not have a pilot bearing????????
Old 04-01-2007, 05:48 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

thats what i was thinking, the drive plate doesnt usually have a pilot bearing....it just bolts to the crank , ive never seen an auto honda with one anyhow. or a domestic for that matter.
Old 04-02-2007, 04:28 AM
Registered Member

krazdracer has disabled reputation

me neither, just an torque converter bolted to an flexplateand the flexplate bolted to a crank. Maybe talking about th etranmissions input shafts main bushing.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:44 AM
Registered Member

MookHaasa has much to be proud ofMookHaasa has much to be proud ofMookHaasa has much to be proud ofMookHaasa has much to be proud ofMookHaasa has much to be proud ofMookHaasa has much to be proud ofMookHaasa has much to be proud ofMookHaasa has much to be proud ofMookHaasa has much to be proud ofMookHaasa has much to be proud ofMookHaasa has much to be proud of

okay yes do i remove it ? on the write up it says to remove it. i will link
http://www.nicoclub.com/articles.php?id=210410

Okay its an automatic transmission adapter bearing but how do i remove it?
Old 04-02-2007, 03:50 PM
Registered Member

krazdracer has disabled reputation

o o o o......you need to either grind it out with a dremel as stated or with the puller
Old 04-02-2007, 08:20 PM
Registered Member

well i want to avoid teh dremel. Cuz if you look at the picture after he was done everything around it looked jacked up.