Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Paint booth (yea i searched...)

Old 01-15-2004, 04:49 PM
Die reinste Bösen.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear
Default Paint booth (yea i searched...)

I searched on the forum for paint booth but got really no helpful results. Ive heard several people talking about painting their own rides, and with my front end damage...paying some ass clown at maaco to do a job that frankly, me and my friends could do for cheaper is silly. I know dreamworks rents booths... any of you do it yourselfers know where I could rent a booth? Another paint related question i have is that where can I order either "spa yellow peal" or "rio yellow pearl" I know both are factory honda yellow colors. I also would like a recommendation of clear coat to go with. I was on house of kolor's site and i couldnt really find what i was looking for. thanks for the help mates.
Old 01-15-2004, 09:36 PM
Registered Member

STIimposter is a splendid one to beholdSTIimposter is a splendid one to beholdSTIimposter is a splendid one to beholdSTIimposter is a splendid one to beholdSTIimposter is a splendid one to beholdSTIimposter is a splendid one to beholdSTIimposter is a splendid one to behold
Default Paintbooth

You are not going to find a booth to rent anywhere. Your best bet is to make your own. Find a garage and some plastic. Hang the plastic from the ceiling all the way around where you are going to paint, clean the hell out of the garage, make sure it is heated(make it as toasty as possible) and before you get ready to pull your car in spray everything with water, the floor, and all the plastic(it keeps dust down) You can go to sherwin williams in greenbriar or mato's in va beach(corner of v beach blvd and witchduck. They can mix and get you clear coat. You can spend as much or as little as you want.
Old 01-15-2004, 10:06 PM

99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute

some clears don't work with some paints they don't go together PPG and HOC go together because they are the same maker but some just don't work with others. Be carefull when you make your selection. As far as a paint booth just make sure you are in a sealed room with plastic i have seen great work come out of a garage with plastic hung, of course a booth always gives better results there is still something to be said for the guys that paint in a garage and come out with show quailty shit.
Old 01-16-2004, 02:49 AM
Die reinste Bösen.

thanks for the suggestions guys! do you know where to get the actual paint? cause i saw sti imposter mentioned something about the clear coat...
Old 01-16-2004, 09:05 AM
Banned

joegreddy is an unknown quantity at this point

umm in the garage with not a proper draft. where's all the overspray going to go. its going to look like ass. i work for dreamworks customs and we dont even have a booth. we have a community booth pretty much. as far as clear to use. goto tape inc look it up in the phone booth for direction. you can get base coat clear coat deal for like 175 200 max. that select clear which is pretty alright. i mean if you want some better shit. go with sherwin ultra 7000 base and go on top with the transtar euro clear thats pretty good as well. oh yeah not to be dumb but please i hope you know what yoru doing. all the mixing ratio's and have good gun technique. i hate to see any car go to shame. alright man. good luck.
Old 01-16-2004, 09:38 AM
Die reinste Bösen.

thanks joe, I PERSONALLY dont know what I'm doing but my dad does. He used to restore and do all his own body work, so he can do it. I guess well end up using his garage... thank you for the paint/clear coat suggestions...
Old 01-16-2004, 09:44 AM
nannerpus, nannerpus

Carter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Paintbooth

Originally posted by STIimposter
You are not going to find a booth to rent anywhere.
hmm that's weird, cause I found one. gear, check your PMs.

*edit* also... http://www.dragva.com/forums/showthr...threadid=36621

I got no real answers on that thread though... just PM's...

Last edited by Carter; 01-16-2004 at 09:52 AM.
Old 01-16-2004, 10:04 AM
Die reinste Bösen.

yea thats the one i found when i searched, thanks for the PM. It was abit old so i started a newer one. Good luck on your future paint adventure!