Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

oil return line help!

Old 09-09-2010, 11:59 PM
DITB-AHHH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Corbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these parts
Default oil return line help!

alright so i pulled my turbo kit off my car earlier this week.

i put a stock ls header on the car plugged the oil pan drain plug only thing holding me up is the oil return line.

my friend told me it should just screw off the back of the block and i can put a oil pressure sensor in there.

problem im having is getting the line off its a steel braided line with metal fittings and the fittings on the back of the block dont screw off. so im confused on how to get it off so i can get the car back on the road.

is there a trick to getting it off or anything?
its also a very cramped spot is the bottom of the car the easiest way to get to it?
Old 09-10-2010, 12:04 AM
management

boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom
Default Re: oil return line help!

correct me if im wrong, but isnt the return line on the front of the block? if the car is on jack stands, you should have plenty of room to get underneath and find a better angle. also, isnt it just a fitting thats threaded into the block? if so, have you tried an adjustable wrench?
Old 09-10-2010, 12:08 AM
DITB-AHHH

Corbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these parts

yeah its on the back of the block where the oil filter is theres like a blox adapter on there. there one part where the steel like screws off but i cant get the wrench in there to loosen it. and i would still have the metal part that the sensor wont fit on.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:11 AM
management

boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom

so youre having problems with your feed line, not return line. with the oil filter off and a solid grip, you should be able to loosen it.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:16 AM
DITB-AHHH

alright thanks ill try that in the am hopefully it works!