Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Oil problem still on SR20det

Old 07-13-2008, 02:47 PM
Straight Goonin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WhiteEg6 WhiteEg6 WhiteEg6 WhiteEg6 WhiteEg6 WhiteEg6 WhiteEg6 WhiteEg6 WhiteEg6 WhiteEg6 WhiteEg6
Default Oil problem still on SR20det

Okay i posted a while ago about my oil catch can filling up too quickly from blowby. i'm trying to diagnose the problem so here are the symptoms

Oil blowing off a little bit from the BOV, my car never did that until the catch can started filling up fast. So that can mean my turbo seals are going bad, also my catch can line that goes to my intake is unplugged so i know i'm not sucking in oil.

I open my oil filler cap on the valve cover after having the car on and smoke comes out, so its possible my rings are going bad, i have not done a compression test yet though. My exhaust does not smoke at all unless i get into boost though and get into higher rpm. but when it does smoke it smells like bad blowby gases and its pretty bad smoke so i gotta drive the car easy when i do drive it.

PCV valve... I bought a new PCV valve from West Covina Nissan ( i have not put it on yet cause i'm out to sea for a few days) even if my PCV is bad that still doesn't really explain my BOV blowing off oil does it?? so somebody tell me... am i really screwed and i'm just going to have to bite the bullet and just rebuild this thing and just get a new turbo as well because i'm seriously considering buying another motor and dumping some cash into it if this thing is already taking a shit on me. somebody help.
Old 07-13-2008, 02:50 PM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod
Default Re: Oil problem still on SR20det

Have you cracked your charge pipes and checked for oil?

Thats a good way to check to see if your seals are shot.
Old 07-13-2008, 05:38 PM
Registered Member

kevtrinh has disabled reputation

compression test test test test

prepare for the worst
Old 07-13-2008, 05:39 PM
ZOR - WE'RE BACK!

cole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Jarrod
Have you cracked your charge pipes and checked for oil?

Thats a good way to check to see if your seals are shot.
Originally Posted by kevtrinh
compression test test test test

prepare for the worst
two of the best things too look for. if the bottom of your intercooler looks like a black lake get a new turbo.