Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

newbie engine replacement question

Old 09-01-2006, 06:02 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jermzkill jermzkill jermzkill jermzkill jermzkill jermzkill jermzkill jermzkill jermzkill jermzkill jermzkill
Default newbie engine replacement question

what kinda of engine can i get to replace my current one (it may be hydrolocked). i drive a 98 civic ex. its automatic by the way. help is apprectiated!
Old 09-01-2006, 06:05 AM
Jesus bilt my hotrod

Focal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these parts
Default Re: newbie engine replacement question

Just about any honda motor. The easiest swap would be just you average d-series, that way you don't have to start fabrication. With mounts and other parts you can put in any h series, b series, shit maybe even a f sreies, not sure. But with those you would need wiring harnesses, ecu, a tranny, mounts, axles, etc.
Old 09-01-2006, 06:09 AM
EEK
卐 Walnuts

EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK

i dont think you have to fabricate mounts on the 96-00 civic, only the 92-95 civic
Old 09-01-2006, 06:23 AM
Fidel runs VBPD

The_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud of

drop in a b series
Old 09-01-2006, 08:31 AM
Registered Member

jermzkill jermzkill jermzkill jermzkill jermzkill jermzkill jermzkill jermzkill jermzkill jermzkill jermzkill

just to follow up on my topic and why i posted:

so yeah..i was driving this morning and went over a huge puddle, my engine cuts off by itself. i try to start the engine. it doesnt start so im chillin in the puddle for a couple of minutes, when im lucky enough 2 gentlemen help me push my car to the nearest gas station. i try to start my car again. the engine kicks a little but it doesnt start. i stop trying after that. so then i went into my hood took out my cold air intake completey. now i try to start my car again. with the foot on the gas it starts up again after a few trys.

i got my car towed back home anyways cuz i didnt want to risk driving in the puddles again. so my question is ..is my car fine? my aunt told me i may still have to worry bout it getting hydrolocked, it may creep up a month from now or something? am i fine? what should i do?
Old 09-01-2006, 08:32 AM
Registered Member

so yeah..i was driving this morning and went over a huge puddle, my engine cuts off by itself. i try to start the engine. it doesnt start so im chillin in the puddle for a couple of minutes, when im lucky enough 2 gentlemen help me push my car to the nearest gas station. i try to start my car again. the engine kicks a little but it doesnt start. i stop trying after that. so then i went into my hood took out my cold air intake completey. now i try to start my car again. with the foot on the gas it starts up again after a few trys.

i end up getting my car towed back home anyways cuz i didnt want to risk driving in the puddles again. so my question is ..is my car fine? my aunt told me i may still have to worry bout it getting hydrolocked, it may creep up a month from now or something? am i fine? what should i do?
Old 09-01-2006, 11:10 AM
Registered Member

boosted crx-R is an unknown quantity at this point

its a honda...if it starts and runs drive it cuz it will be fine. As far as your motor hydrolocking a month from now wtf!??????????????? dont believe everything you hear
Old 09-01-2006, 11:11 AM
Registered Member

boosted crx-R is an unknown quantity at this point

its a honda...if it starts and runs drive it cuz it will be fine. As far as your motor hydrolocking a month from now wtf!??????????????? dont believe everything you hear...just make sure you keep oil in it
Old 09-01-2006, 02:48 PM
wharlgarbl

notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline

Originally Posted by jermzkill

i got my car towed back home anyways cuz i didnt want to risk driving in the puddles again. so my question is ..is my car fine? my aunt told me i may still have to worry bout it getting hydrolocked, it may creep up a month from now or something? am i fine? what should i do?

... actually I did this last year...and the puddle I drove through was my STREET.. hah. My car smoked like crazy and cut off. I sat for a few minutes then cranked it over and she sputtered a little but eventually kicked on. Been driving for a year on it now with "minor" issues... You might be ok
Old 09-02-2006, 09:06 AM
been around awhile.

zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas

Originally Posted by EEK
i dont think you have to fabricate mounts on the 96-00 civic, only the 92-95 civic

depending on the motor captain