Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

need some advice on a auto to manual conversion

Old 06-01-2011, 03:19 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ready4anewhip has disabled reputation
Default Re: need some advice on a auto to manual conversion

when i turn key the car jumps like it is stuck in gear.. i do not know why but i do know ive properly installed everything correct..
Old 06-01-2011, 05:00 PM
ItIsWhatItIs

LoveMyLS has a reputation beyond reputeLoveMyLS has a reputation beyond reputeLoveMyLS has a reputation beyond reputeLoveMyLS has a reputation beyond reputeLoveMyLS has a reputation beyond reputeLoveMyLS has a reputation beyond reputeLoveMyLS has a reputation beyond reputeLoveMyLS has a reputation beyond reputeLoveMyLS has a reputation beyond reputeLoveMyLS has a reputation beyond reputeLoveMyLS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ready4anewhip
when i turn key the car jumps like it is stuck in gear.. i do not know why but i do know ive properly installed everything correct..
well we know the clutch is definitely not working. did you use a clutch disc alignment tool when you installed the used clutch? when you mated the tranny to the engine, did it slide right up to the face? if you had either of these misaligned and used the bell housing bolts to "pull" the tranny to the engine, then the clutch may be damaged.

and did you make sure that the realease bearing and fork were installed properly? this could also cause the issue.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:43 PM
SPARKLEmotion

FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah

The car starts without the clutch, and when it is running the shift linkage acts like it will not go into gear while the car is on with th eclutch engaged. when the car is off it goes in fine??? im so lost as to what to do and im pulling my hair out over this damn car. any help is thankful and appreciated!
Now I'm confused.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:45 PM
slingshot engage.

dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin'

Throw-out bearing? Everything installed correctly?

My 300zx did this for like 3 clutch installs until Brady at CCC discovered people kept putting this little 50 cent clip on the wrong way. It would do the same thing, get stuck in gear and wouldn't disengage and jump/lurch when I tried to start it, etc.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:27 AM
Registered Member

ready4anewhip has disabled reputation

yes i used the alignment tool on the clutch, if that is the problem it sucks but its not too bad or hard of a job to handle putting a new clutch in. i bought a clutch out of a gsr with a stock pressure plate and flywheel is stock as well. I guess ima try to bleed the clutch one more time and see since i installed the new master and slave cylinders that it may not have enough fluids or somehtign.. that would be awsome but not likely.

on a side note. u guys are bright individuals thanks for the insight