Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

need some advice on a auto to manual conversion

Old 05-31-2011, 10:00 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ready4anewhip has disabled reputation
Default need some advice on a auto to manual conversion

i recently purchased a car that was auto then converted to manual. its an acura integra 95. when i picked it up the tranny was stuck in gear and axels blown. i replaced those with a new ls tranny, new cv axels, new brake master cylinder and clutch cylinder. but now its being wierd and everytime i push the clutch in it doesnt feel like it is engaging anythign but i can see it from the slave cylinder that it is working properly.
The car starts without the clutch, and when it is running the shift linkage acts like it will not go into gear while the car is on with th eclutch engaged. when the car is off it goes in fine??? im so lost as to what to do and im pulling my hair out over this damn car. any help is thankful and appreciated!
Old 05-31-2011, 10:32 AM
Lemonparty.org

CHUBBS_09 CHUBBS_09 CHUBBS_09 CHUBBS_09 CHUBBS_09 CHUBBS_09 CHUBBS_09 CHUBBS_09 CHUBBS_09 CHUBBS_09 CHUBBS_09
Default Re: need some advice on a auto to manual conversion

could be the mounts...
Old 05-31-2011, 11:36 AM
Registered member

mondyva has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by CHUBBS_09
could be the mounts...
x'2. check the tranny mount. your linkage could be getting in a bind,
Old 05-31-2011, 01:39 PM
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER

You need to bleed the clutch out more. there isnt enough fluid.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:22 PM
Registered Member

Iight guys ima try these tonight thanks for advice will update the progress when I finish these
Old 05-31-2011, 04:13 PM
ItIsWhatItIs

LoveMyLS has a reputation beyond reputeLoveMyLS has a reputation beyond reputeLoveMyLS has a reputation beyond reputeLoveMyLS has a reputation beyond reputeLoveMyLS has a reputation beyond reputeLoveMyLS has a reputation beyond reputeLoveMyLS has a reputation beyond reputeLoveMyLS has a reputation beyond reputeLoveMyLS has a reputation beyond reputeLoveMyLS has a reputation beyond reputeLoveMyLS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ready4anewhip
Iight guys ima try these tonight thanks for advice will update the progress when I finish these
also if possible, check your clutch release fork. when you install it on the release bearing, there is a pivot ball bolted to the inside of the tranny that the fork locks on to. if that fork is not locked down, it will not move the release bearing to properly engage the clutch. that will cause you to be able to shift with car off but not while running.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:42 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

You didn't say that you replaced the clutch, so are you sure that the clutch is correct for that engine and is working properly?
Old 05-31-2011, 09:28 PM
SPARKLEmotion

FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah

Sounds like a shit load of air in the lines. if the linkage was in a bind, it wouldn't shift regardless of the car running or not. If you don't have the proper bleeding equipment, get a friend, a clear rubber line (fuel line at Advance), big jug of brake fluid, and a container to catch brake fluid in. Bleed the slave cylinder on the clutch until you are absolutely confident that the air is gone. Do this and post if your problem is solved.

Bleeding the clutch slave cylinder is a bitch if you don't have a brake bleeding tool. Just an FYI.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:43 PM
Registered Member

1rude2l has disabled reputation

Also check the top mounting hole for the clutch pedal assembly. Some guys skip on installing it and the whole clutch pedal assembly will rock
Old 06-01-2011, 03:18 PM
Registered Member

well i have bled both slave and master cylinders. as well as with checking to see if the mounts were binding the linkage. im still lost as to what it could be.
I installed a barely used clutch in the car but only thing i can think of is either the new throw out bearing i put in this tranny may or may not be the right size it prolly is bought it at autozone.. and i have a thought that maybe the pressure plate i installed is shot.. idk fml

Quick Reply: need some advice on a auto to manual conversion