Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Need info on swap...

Old 02-13-2006, 12:16 PM
I'm bigger than you!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chucktastic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need info on swap...

(((EDIT JUST FOUND OUT ITS A 94 NOT A 95)))

Ok I know I need to go check Honda-tech and I will later, but wanted to get info from a true local forum before I ask there.

Car is my little brothers 95 (((EDIT JUST FOUND OUT ITS A 94 NOT A 95))) Integra LS, Auto and leaking oil and various fluids left and right he keeps a case of oil in the car at all times it seems

Looking at doing either a B16a or B18b or if we can find one cheaper then on Hmotors a B18c

Need info on local shops that do good work (ie have done a few peoples swaps on here) And not going to charge an arm and a leg for 'EXTRAS' .

Ive helped with swaps before but those were on fullsize broncos and K5 Blazers where there is room to stand in the engine bay with the engine.

This being an automatic Im wonding if I need to make sure the new engine will bolt right up to the current automatic tranny. (not sure if rebuild need as today was first day I drove it and seems to shift fine) Or do I need to get an engine specific automatic tranny?

I know I would need to locate the wiring harness/ecu and motor mounts. I know there will be 'little' things that are needed but would need to have that information pointed out by the shop or someone on here

Thanks in advance for any info you guys/girls and throw our way!

Last edited by Chucktastic; 02-15-2006 at 01:28 PM.
Old 02-14-2006, 01:06 PM
٩███۶ wilrep 4 a leg

ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ
Default Re: Need info on swap...

if you have a 95 integra you already have a b18b. you dont need anything but another longblock (if that). but is it burning oil or leaking oil. if its leaking find out where its coming from and fix it, it will be much cheaper and easier in the long run
Old 02-14-2006, 01:39 PM
I'm bigger than you!

I think I will have him take it to a shop and have the leak and burning oil issues checked. Anyone recommend a good shop? I just moved back up here after being gone 4yrs and dont know whos good and whos looking to screw you when your not looking.

Little brother is 17yrs old and has the money saved for the engine already so if worse comes to worse he can get a new engine shipped out here in a week. But what you said marcusgnf makes sence since he is already running a b18b and might be able to get away with just fixing all the leaks and find out why is he burning oil. I know one of the issues is the rear main seal. Not sure if that is the only reason. I should post of picture of the drive way his car is killing. lol
Old 02-16-2006, 08:02 AM
I'm bigger than you!

Ok update. Its a 94 LS not a 95 LS. Does that change what the 'stock' motor would be?

Also I think in the long run it will be better to either rebuild or swap in a MUCH NEWER one due to the fact that I was told its has.........220,000+ miles on it! Not sure if its the orginial engine or not. (He bought it used at a whole in the wall dealer about 6 months ago)
Old 02-16-2006, 09:56 AM
٩███۶ wilrep 4 a leg

ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ

still has a b18b. replacing the engine would be the easiest choice,there are hundreds of people on here trying to sell their b18b motors for cheap just make sure it's legit and your good to go.
Old 02-18-2006, 02:00 PM
Registered Member

tmac1129 has disabled reputation

do an F20b...more power, just a little bit more cash