Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

NEED: INFO ON SR20det swap

Old 10-04-2003, 10:07 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GhstRiDeR8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NEED: INFO ON SR20det swap

into an 89-91 usdm 240sx yeah im thinking bout ordering front clip cause then i can just do front end conversion while im at it...i dont know where to start looking im wondering if front clips are bad in any aspect ...etc. , and where should i get motor from (online or local) and from where ...3. red top or black top??? 4. Whats the best place to get install professionally? best price and best job
Old 10-05-2003, 01:13 AM
Patron

Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus

the front end doesnt always come with the lights and stuff..... as far as what motor the red top or the blk top it depends on how much money you have. There is a palce in NOVA were you can get the motor. PM EEK he knows the place........as far as the last question I dont know
Old 10-05-2003, 05:25 AM
Lost Cat Magnet

drifterJERRY is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.usedengine.com

talk to johnie or jeremy...they do get complete clips with light, fenders and all. sometimes they even have aftermarket goodies on em. the buyers go to Japan and test drive 90% of the vehicles before cutting and shipping em. if they have something you like lemme know and i will get pics for you. oh, it is located in raliegh...but these guys are great! tell em jerry refered you and theyll charge you double...just kidding.
Old 10-05-2003, 07:28 AM
~

nickyroo has disabled reputation

www.nissaninfiniticlub.com is a good place to start. same with www.heavythrottle.com

i think the place in nova that does good sr work is jgy customs isnt it? the guy from there used to post on here as 20psi240sx i think.
Old 10-05-2003, 10:31 AM
Banned

more help please thanx for all the advice
Old 10-05-2003, 12:07 PM
~

nickyroo has disabled reputation

a front clip is a good idea for a few reasons. the motor has not been set on the ground, therefore there is little risk of it being sat on the oil pan. also you wont have to worry about searching for little parts, everything is included. even the sidemount intercooler which you'll want unless youre doing a fmic the second it is installed. you'll need an ignitor chip, FULL AND UNCUT wiring harness for the sr20det (this will need to be lengthened to fit your usdm s13) you'll need the mass air flow unit, ecu, transmission etc. the blacktop sr20 has something like 20more hp than the redtop, but is more expensive. it is important to make sure that the swap will include every little part because that stuff is not cheap to replace.
Old 10-05-2003, 06:39 PM
Formerly Shinobi....

RatedV is an unknown quantity at this point

I would go with the Red top due to the solenoids going bad on the blacktops so quick.....I mean what are you gonna do when it goes call japan and order a new one?.......As for the front clip part of your question i agree with reuter 150%.......and next off is where to go.......I wouldnt let anyone but Abacus do anything to my car, reputation and no horror stories (or at least ive NEVER heard anything bad about them)......Otherwise do it yourself.......
Old 10-05-2003, 07:31 PM
Banned

do iit yourself ok your talking to a honda guy i dont know shit bout nissans but i wanna learn
Old 10-05-2003, 08:10 PM
Formerly Shinobi....

RatedV is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by GhstRiDeR8
do iit yourself ok your talking to a honda guy i dont know shit bout nissans but i wanna learn
After oct. 31 i can help but till then i wont have a driveway.....I dont know all but im sure i know more than you and ive done the swap so.....(no offense) but you gotta pay for the beer........Let me know if you decide to do this, im allways down to help convert ppl to nissan......lol

-Jeff-
Old 10-06-2003, 06:10 AM
Banned

pay for beer no problem

Quick Reply: NEED: INFO ON SR20det swap