Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Need help with wires.....

Old 04-13-2011, 06:58 AM
БЛЯДЬ!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG
Default Need help with wires.....

OK so most of you know how much of a pain in the ass is to rewire an Integra JDM front conversion for the headlights. My problem is that the fog lights stopped working so I went back and the wire that goes to the engine bay/fog lights is getting too damn hot at the connector (shown below). Do I need to use a bigger wire so it doesn't fry or what? I know nothing about wires so any help would be great.

Here's what the setup looks like. (Blue wire getting too hot)

This is it...(not actual pic of mine but the same)

Thx
Old 04-13-2011, 07:34 AM
I <3 MY EG

JustaGSR18 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Need help with wires.....

are you using a fog light switch or parking light output going into the relay? this is how I did mine when I had my teg.
on the relay
30. went to the positive wire of the foglights
85. went to the + parking light wire at the parking light in the engine bay
87. directly to the battery fused with a 10 amp fuse ( you want to use atleast a 12gauge wire for this )
86. ground
the relay was in the engine bay close to the headlight, the best way to do it is keep the wires as short as possible and loom everything

I never had a problem with mine.. but if you are using an actual foglight switch let me know and I can figure out another way for you
Old 04-13-2011, 01:30 PM
БЛЯДЬ!

HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG

Switch. It works with the parking lights.
Old 04-13-2011, 04:32 PM
I <3 MY EG

JustaGSR18 has disabled reputation

do you have a multimeter? if so test to see shich of the wires changes voltage when the switch is on vs off. it might me a ground output or 12volt output im not sure which output that switch has. lmk what you find..

on a side note is that the carbon/tungsten wedding band? looks like it from the pic.. if it is thats the same one I have lol