Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Mini me on GAS!? will it hold?>

Old 04-09-2011, 06:37 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jakethesnake110 has disabled reputation
Default Mini me on GAS!? will it hold?>

ok so ive got a 90 crx with a mini me swap in it. its got the d15b7 bottom end with a d16y8 vtec head on it. its got a couple extras like intake, exhaust, header, injectors, and aftermarket fuel rail. im really wantin to put a dry shot of nitrous on it. i was THINKING a 50 shot? would this hold together pretty safely? or would i need to do a smaller shot or would it hold more than a 50? im kinda new to nitrous so im just wondering if any of you guys could give me any suggestions?
Old 04-09-2011, 06:40 AM
Its Lightish Red

JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab
Default Re: Mini me on GAS!? will it hold?>

it will hold a 400 shot

ONCE
Old 04-09-2011, 06:45 AM
yaaat.

ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington

You should leave it the fuck alone and enjoy good gas mileage considering the prices are so high. Nitrous is gonna wear that bitch out quick too.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:03 AM
Registered member

jakethesnake110 has disabled reputation

thanx bitches. damn i just wanted an answer not a smart ass remark.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:16 AM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch

Originally Posted by jakethesnake110
thanx bitches. damn i just wanted an answer not a smart ass remark.
you want an honest no bullshit answer?

don't fuck with nitrous.
Old 04-10-2011, 11:23 AM
Type-R; Tight Car

The real Ryan has disabled reputation

A dry shot on a d-series is going to get annoying as fuck. I used to have a 50 dry shot on a z6 and I would burn up #3 cylinder valves almost every time I went to the track. That means a new head gasket and valves every time you spray for too long and don't give the cylinder time to cool down.

At the MOST I would use a wet 50 shot or a dry 35 shot. D-series sucks for nitrous if it's not built.
Old 04-10-2011, 01:19 PM
yaaat.

ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington

Originally Posted by The real Ryan
A dry shot on a d-series is going to get annoying as fuck. I used to have a 50 dry shot on a z6 and I would burn up #3 cylinder valves almost every time I went to the track. That means a new head gasket and valves every time you spray for too long and don't give the cylinder time to cool down.

At the MOST I would use a wet 50 shot or a dry 35 shot. D-series sucks for nitrous if it's not built.
It's a D series. It wasn't built with the intention of people putting nitrous in it. It was built to get good gas mileage. I don't even know why people fuck with them? A reliable 40ish mpg is way cooler than having a D series on the spray that might not make it to walmart that's five minutes down the road.
Old 04-10-2011, 01:54 PM
Registered Member

Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed

Originally Posted by jakethesnake110
ok so ive got a 90 crx with a mini me swap in it. its got the d15b7 bottom end with a d16y8 vtec head on it. its got a couple extras like intake, exhaust, header, injectors, and aftermarket fuel rail. im really wantin to put a dry shot of nitrous on it. i was THINKING a 50 shot? would this hold together pretty safely? or would i need to do a smaller shot or would it hold more than a 50? im kinda new to nitrous so im just wondering if any of you guys could give me any suggestions?
A 100 shot of NOS will blow the welds on the intake.
Old 04-10-2011, 01:57 PM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

MUTHA FUCKING SNAKES, ON A MUTHA FUCKIN FORUM!
Old 04-10-2011, 03:21 PM
Type-R; Tight Car

The real Ryan has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by ryanherington
It's a D series. It wasn't built with the intention of people putting nitrous in it. It was built to get good gas mileage. I don't even know why people fuck with them? A reliable 40ish mpg is way cooler than having a D series on the spray that might not make it to walmart that's five minutes down the road.
Not talking shit to you, but you obviously have zero experience with spraying a honda motor so I would keep your opinions of what's "cool" to yourself, if you know what I'm saying.

An engine is an engine and the reason people put nitrous on a d-series is the same reason a redneck puts nitrous on an LS1. And if you think d-series only purpose is to get 40mpg then go talk to the thousands of people making 300+ hp out of them with minimal money dropped into them.

A d-series is a great motor for whatever you want to do with it, all I'm saying is in stock form he's going to run into issues with too big of a shot. The d-series valves have less inconel/less material in them than the b-series valves so they can't resist very high cylinder temps for an extended period of time. I'm all for nitrous, back in the day a dry 50 shot turned my 16 second car into a 13 second car for a couple hundred dollars. Just make sure if you are going to spray to build the motor for what you are doing. If he wants a stock d-series with nitrous then a dry 35 or wet 50 shot is as far as I would go. These days you can tune for these things much better than when I had nitrous. Also, he can still keep his 40mpg's with the bottle off.

And btw, you can still drive to Walmart with a chipped valve

Quick Reply: Mini me on GAS!? will it hold?>