Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Need Help!! Idle Problems!!

Old 03-27-2010, 11:48 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pnoiboioreo pnoiboioreo pnoiboioreo pnoiboioreo pnoiboioreo pnoiboioreo pnoiboioreo pnoiboioreo pnoiboioreo pnoiboioreo pnoiboioreo
Default Re: Need Help!! Idle Problems!!

yeah man. Thanks for the tip. It was clean, but i guess i didnt really clean it clean it. if you know what i mean. But i will replace it if its gunna give me problems again
Old 03-28-2010, 09:33 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

You don't need to replace it if it works fine when it's clean. If it doesn't work fine when it's clean, then you might look into replacing it. You should also reset the ECU any time you do something like clean the IACV though, to get rid of learned fuel trims and things like that.

Originally Posted by jasonarea51
yea told you dude but if you just cleaned the iacv it's prone to idle bad again so you might wanna look into replacing it in the near future
That's horrible advice. You're telling him that it's just going to need cleaning again so he should replace the IACV instead? I don't know why that would make sense...
Old 03-28-2010, 01:44 PM
Registered Member

pnoiboioreo pnoiboioreo pnoiboioreo pnoiboioreo pnoiboioreo pnoiboioreo pnoiboioreo pnoiboioreo pnoiboioreo pnoiboioreo pnoiboioreo

True Fab. but it happened again today. started to be all jumpy. Comes to find out that those clamps that hold the hoses to the IACV have become too weak. So imma buy those ones that you screw on so that the hose will stay on tight and have no more air/coolant leaks. matter of fact i will pretty much replace all those clamps like that with this time of screw on clamp.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:37 PM
Registered Member

jasonarea51 has disabled reputation

well go figure i think i'll rest my case on this post for the final time just replace it theres no sense in sittin there trying to beat around the bush and when in doubt i did post closer to the top of this thread on how to check if it was bad.
Old 03-28-2010, 10:19 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by jasonarea51
well go figure i think i'll rest my case on this post for the final time just replace it theres no sense in sittin there trying to beat around the bush and when in doubt i did post closer to the top of this thread on how to check if it was bad.
Seriously.. You're an idiot. There isn't any reason to replace something that ISN'T BROKEN.... That is, unless you like to waste money on your car and don't have any idea how to actually troubleshoot something. Replacing things because you don't know how to diagnose them is time consuming and expensive, and doesn't make you gain any knowledge of the problem. I don't know about you, but I don't keep an entire extra known-good car around just to swap parts to see if something is the cause of the problem.

I'll say this again, just for the sake of repetition: If the IACV works fine when the screen is clean, there isn't any need to replace it, because it obviously works fine. It's not a routine maintenance part. When the screen gets clogged with gunk, you don't need to replace the entire IACV assembly.

Last edited by Fabrik8; 03-28-2010 at 10:25 PM.