Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Need Help!! Idle Problems!!

Old 03-22-2010, 03:30 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pnoiboioreo pnoiboioreo pnoiboioreo pnoiboioreo pnoiboioreo pnoiboioreo pnoiboioreo pnoiboioreo pnoiboioreo pnoiboioreo pnoiboioreo
Exclamation Need Help!! Idle Problems!!

Hey guys heres the info.

Just bought a car with a b16 in it. When the car is started, it runs fine like it should. Once its heats up, thats when the idle goes whack. It idles up and down, like someone reving their car. Anyone got any info? Think it might be one of the sensors going out of whack? LMK whats up. After awhile tho, it sometimes stops if thats any help. LMK thanks for yalls help.
Old 03-22-2010, 04:10 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: Need Help!! Idle Problems!!

Check the coolant temp sensor (that goes to the ECU) and the fast idle thermo valve.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:16 PM
Registered Member

pnoiboioreo pnoiboioreo pnoiboioreo pnoiboioreo pnoiboioreo pnoiboioreo pnoiboioreo pnoiboioreo pnoiboioreo pnoiboioreo pnoiboioreo

Thanks i will look into that. anyone else got any ideas?
Old 03-22-2010, 05:46 PM

actionpaintball actionpaintball actionpaintball actionpaintball actionpaintball actionpaintball actionpaintball actionpaintball actionpaintball actionpaintball actionpaintball

First guess: Ignition control module and coil.

Is it throwing any codes? Does it have any stored pending codes?

You can also try cleaning the throttle body and check for leaks around the throttle body hoses.

if its happening in neutral-low coolants levels can also cause surging, as well as vacuum leaks.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:28 PM
Registered Member

Oh okay. Thanks Paint and Fab.

Ill check CTS, FITV, Coolant levels, and hoses tomorrow.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:22 PM
Registered Member

alright heres the news. Havent Checked FITV, or the CTS(looked fine)
but did check fluid levels which were fine and the hoses were all hooked up. Will Thoroughly Check FITV and CTS tomorrow.
Checked IATV was clean.
I also ran the car and sprayed some carb cleaner While throttle was open to clean it up inside and it was fairly clean but still didnt fix anything. Anyone else have anymore ideas. I greatly appreciate it.
Old 03-25-2010, 12:25 AM
Registered Member

jasonarea51 has disabled reputation

ummm could be something with temp but doesnt sound right, it's probably your idle air control valve just let your car warm up and when it's idling grab like a 14mm wrench or anything with some weight on it and tap the black solanoid on the IACV and if it regulates then you know what your problem is i would start out with that just because it's easy and more often than not that's usually the prob.
Old 03-27-2010, 07:23 AM
Registered Member

Okay. first thing. I found out that my IAT sensor was not in the manifold like it should be. and there is no where for it to be plugged in. so my friend and i drilled a hole in the intake for it to go in. Then i just bleed my coolant system this morning. and guess what ITS still Idling wierd.

I believe my manifold is an LS manifold, but my throttle body is a JDM type R(from what my friend said) also i compared TB's and the type r doesnt have a FITV am i correct? Well im still having problems with the surging idle? If anyone has anything to help me with i greatly appreciate it. trying to get my car back on the road.
Old 03-27-2010, 11:28 AM
Registered Member

problem fixed!!! Cleaned IACV Again, and bled the cooling system twice! thanks for yalls help!
Old 03-27-2010, 11:45 AM
Registered Member

jasonarea51 has disabled reputation

yea told you dude but if you just cleaned the iacv it's prone to idle bad again so you might wanna look into replacing it in the near future

Quick Reply: Need Help!! Idle Problems!!