Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

NEED: help with burning oil!

Old 01-12-2005, 08:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kingkoopa15 has disabled reputation
Default NEED: help with burning oil!

ok i got a 91 hatch from a buddy of mine.. it burns oil thru the gears 1-3.. i know that it could be a number of things thats the reason for it burning oil.. but im not good with mechanics. audio is more my thing. someone told me it could need a head gasket replaced.. is that costly? or whatelse could it be.. since i dont know where to start to fix the issue, and i hate ball bustin mechanics that rip me off, i need a list of things to work with.. so i need all you car junkies to help me out with this one.. what could the problem be?

oil is all black, drained it and put new oil in. still smokes.

Last edited by kingkoopa15; 01-12-2005 at 09:05 PM.
Old 01-12-2005, 08:27 PM
Patron

ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz
Default Re: NEED: help with burning oil!

Please learn to post in the right forums. This belongs in tech talk.
Old 01-12-2005, 08:33 PM
hostgator.com

flow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these parts

Does your oil have frothy white shit in it? (antifreeze mixed with OIL from a blown HG)

Or is the oil just black?

Smoke?

need more info.

Last edited by flow fx; 01-12-2005 at 09:05 PM.
Old 01-12-2005, 08:50 PM
Fidel runs VBPD

The_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud of

yeah, more info, and if a mod could move this thread it'd be appreciated.
Old 01-12-2005, 09:00 PM
BOOSTFED DONE

S VTEC EF9 is an unknown quantity at this point

i hate to say this that antifreeze is coolant....flo w fx....lol i just thought that was funnny......look just check the fucking radiator and if its not green ....or if its black and dirty then its a head gasket...if its green ..more likely to be your piston rings ..valve seals....shit like that dude...and that just means either new rings or just a cheap ass block from someone...its simple to do...
Old 01-12-2005, 09:02 PM
Fidel runs VBPD

The_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud of

just replace it with a b16turbo. you know you want to neway.
Old 01-12-2005, 09:05 PM
hostgator.com

flow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by S VTEC EF9
i hate to say this that antifreeze is coolant....flo w fx....lol i just thought that was funnny......look just check the fucking radiator and if its not green ....or if its black and dirty then its a head gasket...if its green ..more likely to be your piston rings ..valve seals....shit like that dude...and that just means either new rings or just a cheap ass block from someone...its simple to do...

shit i meant oil
Old 01-12-2005, 09:06 PM

kingkoopa15 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by The_rabbit1
just replace it with a b16turbo. you know you want to neway.
haha yea, i wish. im a poor white kid.
Old 01-12-2005, 09:09 PM
Fidel runs VBPD

^^i didn't know there were any in va. j/k
Old 01-15-2005, 08:02 PM
Registered Member

Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva

I agree. If your exhaust puts out a whitish steamy smoke then you are burning coolant rather than oil, but due to the increase in temperature due to something like a blown headgasket, you could possibly be burning oil along with it, but for some reason I don't think what I am telling you (that is that the source is a blown headgasket) is correct. Hmm... get down and examine your exhaust... it's smell, color (if any), and how hot it is (if you can tell what's not normal for the car)... these things can help others help diagnose and know what is definitely not the problem. Help us help you.