Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

LS/vtec ECU problems.

Old 12-07-2006, 09:06 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EGbobby is on a distinguished road
Default Re: LS/vtec ECU problems.

i think i am going to buy zen's ecu. p28 chipped with crome? its going for $200 fair price?
Old 12-07-2006, 09:59 AM
Registered Member

sibik is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah but if u get the ecu that already has crome in it, you dont know how the ecu is setup or how the fuel map is. ur best bet it to take it to get it tuned, an ros can tune it for u with crome he has all the shit u need to do so. u might pay alil more then $200 but it will be tuned for your car. ros tuned my boys gs-r an made 198 whp.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:32 AM
Banned

LsVtecT96 is an unknown quantity at this point

I would get ur p28 and chip it with hondata...i no all u guys like chrome because its free..but u need to understand that chrome is a knock off of hondata and has several bugs in it...when i installed my b16 head on my ls block (ls/vtec) i bought p28 ecu and installed hondata i put down 161whp and thats coming from a stock engine...so yeah u should put down way more than my car did before it was turboed because u hav ctr pistons, itr cams,dual valve springs and retainers, buddy club cam gears, dc headers intake exhaust skunk 2 intake mani and adjustable fuel pressure regulator. get it retuned and i bet ur will put down some where between 180whp-195whp...
Old 12-07-2006, 01:17 PM
Registered Member

EGbobby is on a distinguished road

alright i turned the fuel pressure up to about 60lbs and i dont feel to much of a difference?i need to get a new ecu. anyone got one i can buy/trade for. and just so i know why do i want to run a p28 ecu rather than chip my p2t ecu?

Last edited by EGbobby; 12-07-2006 at 01:20 PM.
Old 12-07-2006, 02:01 PM
Justa lil 6

Dang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the rough

turning your fuel pressure up really isn't going to do much. all that does is put more stress on your injectors and fuel pump. with CTR pistons in your motor, i would get some rc 310cc injectors and get tuned with either crome or hondata s100 to be safe because your compression is pretty high with those pistons and the last thing you wanna do is run lean.
Old 12-07-2006, 02:40 PM
This is going to spo

tecnic1 tecnic1 tecnic1

Originally Posted by EGbobby
alright i turned the fuel pressure up to about 60lbs and i dont feel to much of a difference?i need to get a new ecu. anyone got one i can buy/trade for. and just so i know why do i want to run a p28 ecu rather than chip my p2t ecu?
www.google.com

The interwebz is your friend
Old 12-07-2006, 03:24 PM
Registered Member

sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue

Originally Posted by LsVtecT96
I would get ur p28 and chip it with hondata...i no all u guys like chrome because its free..but u need to understand that chrome is a knock off of hondata and has several bugs in it...when i installed my b16 head on my ls block (ls/vtec) i bought p28 ecu and installed hondata i put down 161whp and thats coming from a stock engine...so yeah u should put down way more than my car did before it was turboed because u hav ctr pistons, itr cams,dual valve springs and retainers, buddy club cam gears, dc headers intake exhaust skunk 2 intake mani and adjustable fuel pressure regulator. get it retuned and i bet ur will put down some where between 180whp-195whp...
Crome is not a knock off of hondata at all. It simply modifies stock ecu code the same as hondata does. Maybe you should say hondata is a knock off of the stock ecu? Crome doesn't use the same source code as hondata and is a completely different program in itself. It does different things than hondata does, but is pretty comparable to s300's capabilities. In fact it does way more than s100 and s200. It has some features that s300 doesn't have and s300 has some features it doesn't have.

It is open source so new features can be added all the time by anybody that can program that sort of stuff. Also because it is open source sometimes plugins can clash with eachother, but if you have a competant tuner that knows what he is doing with crome then they should know how to work around those. Also s300 has had its own bugs before as well. Most all software has some bugs.
Old 12-07-2006, 03:27 PM
Registered Member

Wrecked R6 has disabled reputation

i couldnt agree more. you will be fine with either option.
Old 12-07-2006, 03:30 PM
VAdriven Sponsor

slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic

Originally Posted by EGbobby
i think i am going to buy zen's ecu. p28 chipped with crome? its going for $200 fair price?
www.phearable.net ,p28 chipped w/crome basemap for $185/shipped
Old 12-07-2006, 06:27 PM
Registered member

GST342hp is an unknown quantity at this point

Just talk to Ross at Precison and tell him what u need. He chips ECU's just about everyday and tunes with Crome.

Quick Reply: LS/vtec ECU problems.