Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

L problem

Old 05-18-2004, 06:05 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WhiteVtecB18c1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default L problem

ok basically when i floor it sometimes it goes up to about 3,500 rpm stops for a second and then keeps going. I don't know what could cause something like this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Its stock, no mods done to her.
Old 05-18-2004, 06:10 AM
Registered Member

Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick
Default Re: L problem

Just admit your Lightning is slow. JK . One thing that might be hurting your supercharger is you could be running 87 octane gas. You must always run 93 octane on a supercharger or you will fuck it up. If you have been running 87 since you got it, the supercharger is about 1/2 gone and could explain your loss to Ashwin on Friday night. Or the previous owner might have ran 87 in it, either way take it to Ford and get it checked out since it's under warranty.
Old 05-18-2004, 06:32 AM
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike

also sounds vaguely like a misfire from bad wires....but if they are relatively new this is probably not the problem.
Old 05-18-2004, 06:55 AM
2004 Danceoff Champ

Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy

Not the place to ask this kind of question. No offense to anybody here but most of this board is imports. Go to svtperformance.com and search for boost bypass. What you are experiencing is your supercharger creating too much boost and it basically shutting down and starting back up.
Old 05-18-2004, 06:09 PM
Banned

WhiteVtecB18c1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fat Nick
Just admit your Lightning is slow. JK . One thing that might be hurting your supercharger is you could be running 87 octane gas. You must always run 93 octane on a supercharger or you will fuck it up. If you have been running 87 since you got it, the supercharger is about 1/2 gone and could explain your loss to Ashwin on Friday night. Or the previous owner might have ran 87 in it, either way take it to Ford and get it checked out since it's under warranty.

93 octane is what i run. since its still under warrenty does that mean they will fix anything without having to pay for it?
Old 05-18-2004, 07:26 PM
Registered Member

Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick

Originally Posted by DemonSVT17
93 octane is what i run. since its still under warrenty does that mean they will fix anything without having to pay for it?
Yes, and no. They could say it's because of driver error or not proper maintenance, but your situation shouldn't fall under this. Just make sure your dad goes in there and explains what is going on, because if you go in there saying you are driving it the dealership will think you fucked it up because of your age and it being a performance vehicle. But, all warranty work is FREE for you except for maintenance like oil changes, etc.
Old 05-18-2004, 07:45 PM
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam

Originally Posted by sk8rmike
also sounds vaguely like a misfire from bad wires....but if they are relatively new this is probably not the problem.
Find me a spark plug wire under the hood of a Lightning and I'll agree.

Originally Posted by tonka toy
Not the place to ask this kind of question. No offense to anybody here but most of this board is imports. Go to svtperformance.com and search for boost bypass. What you are experiencing is your supercharger creating too much boost and it basically shutting down and starting back up.
I agree with everything he just said. This is not the place for a Lightning question, and he is right about the boost surge. Bravo.