Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

A/C Problem

Old 09-02-2008, 08:05 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Show Pow has a reputation beyond reputeShow Pow has a reputation beyond reputeShow Pow has a reputation beyond reputeShow Pow has a reputation beyond reputeShow Pow has a reputation beyond reputeShow Pow has a reputation beyond reputeShow Pow has a reputation beyond reputeShow Pow has a reputation beyond reputeShow Pow has a reputation beyond reputeShow Pow has a reputation beyond repute
Default A/C Problem

I just replaced my ac compressor for my integra because it made that clicking noise all the time, so I'm pretty sure it was busted. So i got another barely used compressor. This one is charged correctly and now everytime its like 100 degrees outside my compressor or the ac clutch would start to click for a few seconds only at a stop light. But it still blows cold air. Just wanted to know if this is a sign that my compressor is about to die on me again?
Old 09-02-2008, 08:14 PM
︻╦╤─

DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk
Default Re: A/C Problem

Could be low pressure, bad pressure sensor/switch, bad compressor (clutch) relay.. though.. you likely could use a good recovery and charge (and/or recycling). Could be that you could stand more oil in the system.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:27 PM
Registered Member

Show Pow has a reputation beyond reputeShow Pow has a reputation beyond reputeShow Pow has a reputation beyond reputeShow Pow has a reputation beyond reputeShow Pow has a reputation beyond reputeShow Pow has a reputation beyond reputeShow Pow has a reputation beyond reputeShow Pow has a reputation beyond reputeShow Pow has a reputation beyond reputeShow Pow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeFunk
Could be low pressure, bad pressure sensor/switch, bad compressor (clutch) relay.. though.. you likely could use a good recovery and charge (and/or recycling). Could be that you could stand more oil in the system.
Oh thanks man, i forgot about the sensor/switch.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:31 AM
Sorry. Not really.

BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve

Prior to installing the replacement compressor, did you do a full vacuum?
Old 09-03-2008, 08:30 AM
fabricating is fun

cleckner04 is an unknown quantity at this point

im new to the a/c world but i thought you dont have to do a full vacuum on the 134a system? if its 134a. only on the r12 system.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:02 AM
Sorry. Not really.

BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve

AFAIK, when a compressor goes bad, it can contaminate the lines with debris. If the lines are not properly vacuumed, when you install the new compressor, the debris can enter and destroy it as well.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:13 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by BentValve
Prior to installing the replacement compressor, did you do a full vacuum?
Thats prolly what it is cause it was vacuumed. Also, when i recharged it, i used the 134a with the oil in it. That should be enough oil for the system right?
Old 09-03-2008, 10:15 AM
Sorry. Not really.

When does the "click" happen? When the compressor comes on?
Old 09-03-2008, 10:49 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by BentValve
When does the "click" happen? When the compressor comes on?
Yup, just when the compressor is on and when i put the a/c on the 2nd notch and higher (still blows cold air). If its just on the first notch it won't do it. Also it doesn't click if it's not really hot outside. Its fine at night time. The only last for a few seconds or when i start moving from an idle.
Old 09-03-2008, 12:23 PM
Registered Member

pnoybb6 has disabled reputation

try changing the receiver drier..that worked for my accord for a while

Quick Reply: A/C Problem