Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

I need help!

Old 01-03-2009, 06:33 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JDM4US has disabled reputation
Arrow I need help!

I have a coupe with a 18C and B16 Head. M car was running good for a while with this setup. M friend told me he had ECU for the setup i had and he sold it to me. 2 weeks after i was running the car i did not want to start. When my mechanic stopped by the timing had skipped a couple teeth. When he fixed the timing it still had the same problem. It was hard to start the car i had to try like 3 times. When i start it and give it gas it chokes. After a while when i think its gonna stay on it slowly turns of and i get sad. I tried another ECU. I changed the spark plugs. They tell me i should get a new Throttle body maybe is the maybe it could be the map sensor and the tps. please give some words of wisdom!
Old 01-03-2009, 06:51 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: I need help!

How many threads do you need about this topic?

You've already posted here about the exact same thing:
https://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-talk-9/my-ecu-269090/

I'm going to close the other thread if you want to start a new one.
Old 01-03-2009, 07:18 PM
Registered Member

Yes close the other one thanks!
Old 01-09-2009, 09:39 PM
Registered Member

So yesterday i changed my ecu and wiring harness. I changed my map sensor and tps sensor all new. Timing is perfect. I got new throttle body gasket new spark plugs. I was reading on Honda-Tech that maybe it could just be my head thats gone bad. I took it for a ride and it does pass 5000rpm but while im giving it gas it feels like its still blogs out. Sounds like a Subaru when it idles low sometimes it turns of. Could it be my injectora, intake manifold, or gas pump. Its either getting to much air and not enough gas or to much gas and not much air!
Old 01-10-2009, 06:48 AM
*Mr. Boosty Pants*

JDMB16CRX JDMB16CRX JDMB16CRX JDMB16CRX JDMB16CRX JDMB16CRX JDMB16CRX JDMB16CRX JDMB16CRX JDMB16CRX JDMB16CRX

Originally Posted by JDM4US
So yesterday i changed my ecu and wiring harness. I changed my map sensor and tps sensor all new. Timing is perfect. I got new throttle body gasket new spark plugs. I was reading on Honda-Tech that maybe it could just be my head thats gone bad. I took it for a ride and it does pass 5000rpm but while im giving it gas it feels like its still blogs out. Sounds like a Subaru when it idles low sometimes it turns of. Could it be my injectora, intake manifold, or gas pump. Its either getting to much air and not enough gas or to much gas and not much air!
Do a compression test/Leak down test? Sounds like it possibly could have dropped a valve or 2...
Old 01-10-2009, 06:57 PM
Registered Member

What do i use and how do i do it?
Old 01-12-2009, 03:23 AM
Registered Member

DOHC V-TEC has disabled reputation

are you throwing any codes?......kinna a good place to start?
Old 01-14-2009, 02:38 PM
Registered Member

CEL is on codes 7,10,43 throttle position sensor, intake air temp. and fuel supply system.