Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Honda OBD2 resistor box question

Old 11-26-2007, 06:08 AM
Fitty Tuckin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
-JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB-
Default Honda OBD2 resistor box question

I have a 99 civic ex. Installed 450 dsm injectors and I wired in a CRX resistor box.

The obd2 dead end plug is behind the intake manifold underneath it. I tested the continuity on the 4 yellow/black wires from the plug to the injectors.

Then I wired the 4 yellow/black wires from the resistor box to the 4 yellow/black injector wires.

Then there is a red wire coming off of the resistor box. There were two wires on the dead end plug that I wired into the red wire.

Here is the write up I followed on Honda-Tech.
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2073834

The motor is not firing up. I have spark to the plug wires (shocked the piss out of me when testing for spark)

The motor is in time.

I was thinking the injectors were not sending fuel. The fuel pump is kicking on, there is fuel in the rail. I pulled the spark plugs and they were fouled with black residue on them. So therefore fuel was getting in the motor. If fuel was not getting in the plugs would have a whiteness to them.

I hooked a stock fuel injector to an injector plug and turned the motor over and you can feel the injector pulsing and you can see the opening move plus it spit left over fuel out of it. Therefore I think the resistor box is working correctly. I also hooked a meter to a injector plug and was reading voltage.

The only thing I could think of is there something wrong with the distributor. That it's not sending spark in time.

I'm getting fuel, getting spark, getting air. Three things to get a motor to run.

Ecu is fine, ran with my other motor.

Grounds are all hooked up.

Not sure what the problem is???
Old 11-26-2007, 08:54 AM
Fitty Tuckin

Default Re: Honda OBD2 resistor box question

Ok, I double checked my info on the wiring for the resistor box and I wired it correctly.

The yellow/black wires are power wires. The other wire going to the injector is the signal wiring telling the injector when to open.

Therefore the 4 yellow/black wires are connected to the resistor box giving the injectors the correct resistance since they are dsm 450cc. Then to get power to the resistor box I tied the red wire into the two remaining power wires that were connected together.

Also my test I did earlier with holding the injector in my hand and it was doing something shows that I wired the box in correctly.

So I have fuel and I have spark, must be a timing issue, grounding issue, maybe not enough juice (altenator) sensors on the motor shouldn't matter in getting the car to crank over.

Suggestions????
Old 11-26-2007, 09:54 AM
Shooting 63's

idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda

If the motor is getting toooooo much fuel, it won't start.

Do you have any tuning at all for the increased size of the injectors? It took a couple of minutes to get my car to start/idle with my Precision 440's...would barely even start with them in.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:12 AM
Registered Member

integrag is an unknown quantity at this point

you need to tune with bigger injectors...and i have 450's and it took a couple minutes for my car to idle correctly and now it runs fine
Old 11-26-2007, 11:22 AM
Fitty Tuckin

I have a tune. I have a chipped p72 gsr obd1 ecu running on a crome ls boosted map. I do have an adj fuel press. regulator on the car but it should be running at stock psi. Never heard of to much fuel going into the motor for it not to start.

I will double check my grounds tonight to make sure they are all hooked up. If thats not it, I'll check my main fuses but it might be the dizzy acting up.

It's sending spark but it maybe 180degree out of time.

Any more suggestions?
Old 11-27-2007, 04:48 AM
Fitty Tuckin

Dizzy that was on the car wasn't working. Switched it out to another one and took of the Adjustable Fuel Regulator for a stock one.

Motor fired up but then the head is warped so I am putting a new head on it this weekend.

I love when you get a swap off of someone on here and they tell you it's working fine with no problems but then when you go to fire it up it's leaking coolant from the headgasket.

Thats after I put a new headgasket on also.