Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Help Tranny Problem

Old 04-05-2009, 10:46 PM
I Heart My Coupe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leezy can only hope to improve
Default Help Tranny Problem

I Have A 94 Integra Ls When i drive i can shift to first and second fine but when i shift into third it will engage but when i press on the gas it would pop out..if i hold shift knob hard into place i can drive fine in third gear but that gets annoying..i replaced the fluid and everything but still persist with the problem..do i have to replace the whole tranny..or what?..
Old 04-06-2009, 12:07 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weldmandingo has disabled reputation
Default Re: Help Tranny Problem

Originally Posted by Leezy
I Have A 94 Integra Ls When i drive i can shift to first and second fine but when i shift into third it will engage but when i press on the gas it would pop out..if i hold shift knob hard into place i can drive fine in third gear but that gets annoying..i replaced the fluid and everything but still persist with the problem..do i have to replace the whole tranny..or what?..
nore than likely you have bad syncros or something in that case then you could rebuild it or you could just buy another LS tranny and it would probably be easier, while your at it replace the throwout bearing, pilot bearing, and go to autozone and use penzoil synchromesh instead of standard gear oil or tranny fluid or whatever. Shit while your tranny is off the motor if you have the funds go ahead and put a new clutch pressure plate in if you've never changed that one it might be a good idea, i dunno what your money is looing like but trans problems are not cheap