Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

NEED HELP!! TRANNY PROBLEM

Old 10-20-2008, 01:50 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
talonman has disabled reputation
Default NEED HELP!! TRANNY PROBLEM

Hey guys I have a b20 with an ls hydro trans. Well when I first got it it was smooth all gears, then it started not letting me in 1st...like a wall was there. Then I found a way to get it in and then on the way to PA the other weekend it wouldnt let it go in again...at all. So I found a way to get it in then on the way back from PA 2nd started to grind. So I drove around till I got to my dads to check the fluid, but on the way there it got to the point where if I was in neutral...i had no play to the left (towards 1st and 2nd) but did however have it to the right. We replaced the linkage and still no help. 3rd 4th 5th and reverse are still there but I cant go to 1st or 2nd because it wont let me over. If the trans did go out, shouldnt I still have some kind of play in neutral?? Let me know. Also accepting offers for trans also looking for ls or b16.

ALL HELP IS APPRECIATED!!!!
THANKS ALOT
Old 10-20-2008, 06:18 PM
madmike

94jdmgsr is on a distinguished road
Default Re: NEED HELP!! TRANNY PROBLEM

Originally Posted by talonman
Hey guys I have a b20 with an ls hydro trans. Well when I first got it it was smooth all gears, then it started not letting me in 1st...like a wall was there. Then I found a way to get it in and then on the way to PA the other weekend it wouldnt let it go in again...at all. So I found a way to get it in then on the way back from PA 2nd started to grind. So I drove around till I got to my dads to check the fluid, but on the way there it got to the point where if I was in neutral...i had no play to the left (towards 1st and 2nd) but did however have it to the right. We replaced the linkage and still no help. 3rd 4th 5th and reverse are still there but I cant go to 1st or 2nd because it wont let me over. If the trans did go out, shouldnt I still have some kind of play in neutral?? Let me know. Also accepting offers for trans also looking for ls or b16.

THANKS ALOT
could be a issue with the clutch springs.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:01 PM
LiveOne

Thirst has disabled reputation

check the fluid type. I know that in some swaps ppl opt you used regular engine oil such as 10w30. Honda states that although it is okay it is a temp. fix, prolonged use will cause the type of symptoms u are describing.. if not the case, then i have no idea. Check to make sure though. Honda recommends 75w-90 gear oil i believe
Old 10-21-2008, 03:46 AM
Registered member

talonman has disabled reputation

thanks for the help so far, im thinking about just taking it off and looking at what im working with
Old 10-21-2008, 04:16 AM
Old School Beast

PoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these parts

its not a clutch issue. your tranny is shot. you should be able to pick another one up for about $200. If not i can find you one for about that much.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:01 AM
Registered Member

Weldmandingo has disabled reputation

go to autozone and get penzoil syncromesh manual transmission fluid, i also have a b20 with a ls tranny and same shit happened to me i believe it was my syncros but im not sure
Old 10-28-2008, 12:04 PM
︻╦╤─

DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk

Originally Posted by talonman

THANKS ALOT
Where in PA, just curious.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:13 PM
Registered Member

honda131 has disabled reputation

i have a fresh ls tranny for 350... it has no grinds at all and is smooth as hell
Old 10-28-2008, 12:58 PM
Love to Crx

jfish360 is an unknown quantity at this point

Probably your shifter fork. But yo if you ever get another trans ill by your junk one. Let me know. I always need cases and misc parts haha. Im a tranny junkie.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:02 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Shifter fork or synchros. Either can be rebuilt if you have the time to do it, else just buy another tranny and sell the bad one as-is for cheap.

Quick Reply: NEED HELP!! TRANNY PROBLEM