Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

hell of a bad month.

Old 01-26-2009, 09:50 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Death2LosVegas has disabled reputation
Default hell of a bad month.

Alright guys, I've seen some tough vehicles in my life. ... but this is just ridiculous. I'm having one hell of a month..My Truck is all shot up, I didn't have enough cash to get radiator fluid and stupidly forgot to drain the hoses before the weather around here started to drop to like 20 degrees Fahrenheit outside, so as most of you suspected, my hoses and block, FROZE.
I did later manage to get the ice out of the hoses later but, now I think I seriously jacked something up. when I redundantly ran my motor while it was frozen because some people asked me to do them a favor.. I didn't stop to think "hey 30 degrees out side is cold weather to most people".. maybe my stupid MOTOR BLOCK IS FROZEN SOLID.

to shorten this up..

I think my water pump is messed up now, once it thawed out I tried driving it and everything seemed fine, but I hear a winding noise somewere now...and I think its my pump.
I also smell fuel fumes... and my left side smokes in the motor compartment.. I'm not sure if its coolant or oil or what, because I see no obvious leaks...however there is one slow drip below her(oil)..
1994 Honda Passport(I still consider it an Isuzu)
Motor:6vd1

Any Ideas about how to get this thing back on the road?
Old 01-28-2009, 07:48 PM
Registered member

RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask
Default Re: hell of a bad month.

Seeing how you most likely have a belt driven water pump, and from the brief search I did, deducted its NOT driven off the timing belt, you likely fried your belt. Check that first, if not, you very well could have torn the veins on your water pump.

Provided thats the only thing wrong, replace the coolant and watch it (the coolant level and the oil), possibility you could have cracked the block.
Old 01-29-2009, 03:28 PM
Registered Member

hndafrk02104 has disabled reputation

EWWW Thats gonna be a rough one to fix. It most likely gonna be the water pump. I would say its broke the the propeller off the shaft and the pully could possibly still move. JMO. Never know what could have happened.
Old 01-30-2009, 07:58 PM
Registered Member

Death2LosVegas has disabled reputation

yeah, thx for replying guys... I didn't think I'd get any...

I give it the short drive way runs to stop the battery going dead and every time without fail I get this small little squeaking noise. so I guess I should replace the belt while I do the pump.. I was researching this and ..this will be my first time independently working inside or near inside the block. like this...I don't even know how to do a pump, but apparently I have to get some high temp sealer ..possibly the gasket.. and then the pump.. ugh.