Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

Got me a bad yota last month need help with sum tho. help me out!

Old 03-12-2009, 08:00 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tenacious has disabled reputation
Default Got me a bad yota last month need help with sum tho. help me out!

What's up guys? I know someone can help me out with this here. After i got my gmc diesel turck i snatched up this "88 yota off of craigslist. It was EFI but the owner converted it to carb. it now has to sidemount weber carbs hooked up. The motor work in all is around 5 grand. bad ass motor! Anyway, by the carbs being so greedy they sent the old efi pump out of commision. The previous owner had bought a used electric pump but i'm gona buy a new one. Here's my main problem. since the carbs are sidemounted I will have to watch how i approach mudhole/water. Gapguards will help a little but not much. Does any1 have any ideas on wut to do 2 keep the carbs from getn a mouthful of water/mud? A snorkle would be ok but how in the world would i make some type of end to go over the carbs?
Old 03-12-2009, 08:08 AM
Registered member

catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh
Default Re: Got me a bad yota last month need help with sum tho. help me out!

Depending on how cramped the engine bay is you might be able to build a metal shroud that just bends upward.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:50 AM
Ivy Tadita

cootees will become famous soon enoughcootees will become famous soon enough

Why would someone spend 5k in a 22re?
Old 03-12-2009, 09:10 AM
Registered Member

ntinhri has a spectacular aura aboutntinhri has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by tenacious
What's up guys? I know someone can help me out with this here. After i got my gmc diesel turck i snatched up this "88 yota off of craigslist. It was EFI but the owner converted it to carb. it now has to sidemount weber carbs hooked up. The motor work in all is around 5 grand. bad ass motor! Anyway, by the carbs being so greedy they sent the old efi pump out of commision. The previous owner had bought a used electric pump but i'm gona buy a new one. Here's my main problem. since the carbs are sidemounted I will have to watch how i approach mudhole/water. Gapguards will help a little but not much. Does any1 have any ideas on wut to do 2 keep the carbs from getn a mouthful of water/mud? A snorkle would be ok but how in the world would i make some type of end to go over the carbs?
contact Gadget at URD.com

18778873872 ext 3 (tech support)

Gadget has a vas knowledge of after market parts for yotas, he owns URD.. great guy and he is in MD also..
Old 03-12-2009, 01:47 PM
Engineer

varocktoy has disabled reputation

umm if i remember right you cant use a carb with an efi fuel pump. the fuel preasure is way to high. carbs work around in the 6 to 10psi of fuel preasure where as your typical efi fuel pump pumps out 30 to 40psi. So might want to pick up a carb pump.
Old 03-13-2009, 04:49 AM
GLHF

WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo

ya, I would just go out and get a mechanical fuel pump.... I wouldn't use an electric fuel pump with it, I don't see how it would need a fuel pump with so much pressure, as stated above. I know the stock carb on a 22R runs at about 6PSI, but people actually put in a fuel pressure regulator and bump it down to about 4PSI for off road applications. No I do not know the benefit, so don't ask.

And fuck that is a lot of money to put into a 22R/22RE motor. They aren't going to make as much power as you'd hope. But then you didn't dump the money into it.

Get on priate4x4 and yotatech

Last edited by WutupYo; 03-13-2009 at 04:51 AM.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:57 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by varocktoy
umm if i remember right you cant use a carb with an efi fuel pump. the fuel preasure is way to high. carbs work around in the 6 to 10psi of fuel preasure where as your typical efi fuel pump pumps out 30 to 40psi. So might want to pick up a carb pump.
Duh. lol that's why the pump went out in the truck. i'm going to pick up an electric pump when i get paid monday(unless i tint my window in my car). Not sure which brand to pick up. any suggestions.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:59 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by WutupYo

And fuck that is a lot of money to put into a 22R/22RE motor. They aren't going to make as much power as you'd hope. But then you didn't dump the money into it.

Get on priate4x4 and yotatech
I didn't put the $ n2 the truck. so i got a bargain.
Old 03-14-2009, 04:15 AM
Registered Member

reneponac will become famous soon enough

I know holley makes electric pumps for carbs..........browse around summit and jegs website they sell them all day long
Old 03-26-2009, 07:09 AM
Registered Member

Honestly i'm thinkg about selling the yota! its really built for trail use. And i'm not actually a trail rider! i want a hunting,mud, part street truck. all around ya know.

Quick Reply: Got me a bad yota last month need help with sum tho. help me out!