Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

HASport Q? and honda tuning Q?

Old 04-17-2005, 06:31 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
leolo007 leolo007 leolo007 leolo007 leolo007 leolo007 leolo007 leolo007 leolo007
Default HASport Q? and honda tuning Q?

Hello, got some questions hope someone can help.

I have the HASport solid polyurethane mounts, and I was wondering if I can eliminate the torque mounts (I think thats what they are called) the ones that attach from the front of the tranny to the frame, and from the front of the engine, also the A/C compressor mount, to the frame. I believe since the rear mount is solid I could eliminate them but just want to be sure if anyone knows.

Also about the tuning. I've had some friends tell me that my engine's timing is too advanced, from looking at the ignition. Anyways one of my friends said advanced timing would give me a powerful feel in first gear but 3rd gear it feels like a cow. Theoretically speaking this makes no sense to me but I do feel a lot more power in first than 3rd. It just doesnt feel right to me. So I was wondering if anyone could tell me more about this.

Since we are here chating about Hondas and stuff I would also like to know what my fuel pressure should be set at. I know it should be dyno tuned but I've been wanting to get some cam gears, and until I do I wont be seeing the dyno. (its a jdm b18c, with i/h/e high flow cat and port and polished head.
million thanks!!
Old 04-18-2005, 11:44 AM
Patron

llatidamn has disabled reputation
Post Re: HASport Q? and honda tuning Q?

I have the hasport mounts with a supercharged b18c and no torque mounts and I have had no problems at all. I think it even says on their website somewhere that you can get rid of those mounts.
Old 04-18-2005, 04:38 PM
Registered Member

leolo007 leolo007 leolo007 leolo007 leolo007 leolo007 leolo007 leolo007 leolo007
Default Re: HASport Q? and honda tuning Q?

Originally Posted by llatidamn
I have the hasport mounts with a supercharged b18c and no torque mounts and I have had no problems at all. I think it even says on their website somewhere that you can get rid of those mounts.
thanks for your reply!

How's your supercharged B18C doing? is it a jrsc?

Ive been thinking about getting a jrsc but everybody tells me I will end up selling it and getting a turbo...

what are your thought on that?

tanks!
Old 04-18-2005, 04:49 PM
Patron

llatidamn has disabled reputation
Default Re: HASport Q? and honda tuning Q?

The jrsc is great for daily driving, the power is instant and very consistent. However everyone is right you will want to sell it and get a turbo. I'm trying to do that now.