Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

new to honda tuning

Old 11-06-2007, 02:45 PM
Means Slow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud of
Default new to honda tuning

I just bought my first honda but been working on toyota and saabs for years. well my honda civic has a gsr turbo obd1. im trying to get this car ready for tuning yet im looking for a ecu to use. my question is would be better to have a chipped p28 or a p72 ecu???
Old 11-06-2007, 02:59 PM
Wii
Retired OG

Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii
Default Re: new to honda tuning

Both would perform the same. P28 seems to be the most popular one.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:14 PM
Means Slow

MABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud of

is a p28 obd1 or obd2?
Old 11-06-2007, 03:17 PM
Wii
Retired OG

Originally Posted by 02_Blazin
is a p28 obd1 or obd2?
OBD1
Old 11-06-2007, 03:37 PM
Registered member

Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey

Does it have the stock gsr manifold? The P28 doesn't have a control for the dual stage intake manifold that comes on the GSR (i think) so you would need the P72. If it's not the stock intake than either will work fine.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:42 PM
Wii
Retired OG

Originally Posted by Grease Monkey
Does it have the stock gsr manifold? The P28 doesn't have a control for the dual stage intake manifold that comes on the GSR (i think) so you would need the P72. If it's not the stock intake than either will work fine.
Good point, forgot all about that.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:50 PM
Means Slow

no i dont have the stock manifold. it a jg eldebrock manifold
Old 11-06-2007, 04:16 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Either will work if you don't have the manifold with the secondary runners. Get whatever is easy to find and cheaper for you, which is usually a P28. There were a lot more single cam VTEC Civics sold than GSRs, that's for sure. The P72 will have to have the IAB (secondary runner) output disabled in software when it gets tuned.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:06 PM
Means Slow

its plug and play correct? no wires to be relocated due to different ecu's?
Old 11-07-2007, 02:32 PM

4door_GSR has disabled reputation

the p28 will plug right in are you gettin it chiped?? be carefull when purchising the chip only some chips are reburnable

and if you need some one to do the tunning my friend tunes alot of cars and is pretty well known just let me know and ill give you his contact info

Quick Reply: new to honda tuning