Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

H22a civic swap

Old 07-31-2003, 12:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sargeek1975 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default H22a civic swap

I'm looking to swap an H22a into my 94 cx hatch. I can get a full motor and tranny and all the trimmings here:

http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc...age&item=30016

I know that I have to get a motor mount kit as well as the different axles. What else do I have to change? Do I have to change my radiator? Can I use my existing a/c stuff?

If there's anyone on this board that has done this swap before please help me out. Just let me know what, if any, problems you ran into and exactly what you had to do.

Hell, I'm not even sure an H22 will fit in my engine bay without me having to make some room for it!

Thanx in advance for any help.
Old 07-31-2003, 12:59 PM

low92hatch is an unknown quantity at this point

i did the swap and it fits. u gotta cut out the tranny mount and the new mount goes in place of the side stress mount to hold that side then u have a back mount and a timing side mount. the only one i had to cut was the tranny side. its not a hard swap to do. its just a tight fit though. i used the place racing mounts(which im selling if u want em there brand new), 93 accord intermediate shaft and 94 gsr axles(they seem to be a bit longer than 90-93 teg axles). and u cannot use a/c or power steering either. if u need to see one as a demo. u can look at mine or if u need any help pm me and ill see what i can do.
Old 07-31-2003, 03:24 PM

No a/c huh? It just won't fit? And I don't have power steering now so that's no problem.

I shouldn't use the regular integra axles?

I would love to see your car. What do you have; dx lx yada yada?

Have you run it?

With my car weighing in at 2109 stock I'm expecting at the slowest 14 seconds in the quarter.

I might not be able to do the swap until October; when I get my re-enlistment bonus. But it's gonna happen. Thanks for the info.
Old 07-31-2003, 05:47 PM

AllmtrRacer is an unknown quantity at this point

i have this swap in a 97 coupe.....fully built motor i'm tryin to sell the car.................maybe jus the set up....and its already obd1 spec.....
Old 07-31-2003, 05:52 PM
hybrid no more :(

Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert

you need to run that accord intermediate shaft.. the difference w/ the accord vs integra is the inner splines...you would have to change the seal on the tranny in order for the transmission not to leak..i'm not even sure if the splines are the same...you definalty need to run an accord intermediate shaft...as for the axles themselves, the gsr driver side is "female" for the and the early 90-93 teg axles are "male", the accord intermediate shaft is male so using the 90-93 axles on the driver side won't even work without changing the inner boot...now for the passenger side, i believe you can use the 90-93 axles but i would just be safe and get the gsr axles...those definatly work... you would also need a accord or prelude shifter assembly and shift cables w/ the swap...the prelude tranny uses clutch cables not a shift linkage...you would need to cut a hole in the firewall to run these cables...oh yeah...and for performance when we did this swap in a 4door civic it ran 13's...the car weighed in at 2400 w/ him in it...
Old 07-31-2003, 09:03 PM

Yeah, the swap from hmotors comes with everything needed. cables vice the linkage, yadda yadda.

And there's a note on the site that says what you need if putting this motor into a civic. Like the accord half shaft and integra axles. I'll make sure to ask about the male/female ends though.

What about other stuff; like my radiator? Do I need to get a new/larger one?

Any and all inputs please!
Old 07-31-2003, 09:43 PM
Virginia Beach 757

_crs has disabled reputation

Yeah our favorite swap..come by and look at our hatch w/H22 turbo and our 3 accords with H22 and our 1 accord w/F20B WHOA!...lol..come by and talk to any of us anytime...
crs
Old 08-01-2003, 05:41 AM

Well, it looks like the H22 won't be happening. 2200 for the motor and tranny and all the trimmings. Then add 200 for the axles and half axle, then 300 for the limited slip, then at least 400 for a motor mount kit, and then add shipping.

Not to mention I can't keep my a/c?!?!?!?!?! Plus I have to cut out a hole for the cables and a spot to mount the box.

I think an LS motor will be a much simpler, yet lower hp swap for my first attempt. Then I'll just throw a turbo on it in a few months.

I re-enlist in a couple years and should get at least 15 grand up front after taxes. I'll probably do an H22 swap plus a turbo in a shell when I get that cash.

But for right now I'll be ordering a B18. No fuss no mess.

Thanks for all the help guys.
Old 08-02-2003, 08:25 AM
eg master

BIGBALLS is an unknown quantity at this point

i got mounts hcp engineering if you need them pm me i got a 92 civic hatch with h22 turbo i can give you alot of info