Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

H22A vtec swap into a civic hatchback???

Old 02-02-2006, 09:41 PM
horsepower=$$$

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
horsepower=$$$ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default H22A vtec swap into a civic hatchback???

Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone knew what the specs were on a civic hatch swapped with an H22A. Would it be quick, or is the motor too heavy for it to be really quick? Would a GSR swap be a better idea, would it be quicker in a civic than an H22 would be? If you gentlemen could aswer these questions for me it would be great, cause im thinking of swapping into a civic hatch and i want to know what would be the best/quickest setup. Thanks guys.
Old 02-03-2006, 11:25 AM
Registered Member

phxaz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: H22A vtec swap into a civic hatchback???

when i had my h22 hatch, it suckd when something broke because it is so much harder to get to in that little engine bay. plus with mine i sacraficed a/c and p/s...it is fast though...never ran it at a track but i loved it when i had it
Old 02-04-2006, 10:22 AM
horsepower=$$$

Thanks very much, i was wondering what you would have to sacrafice...i appreciate it very much.
Old 02-05-2006, 05:18 PM
Registered Member

FocusTunr has disabled reputation

if you want just pure straight away speed than the H22 is the way to go. a stock H22 motor will run mid 12's 1/4 mile while a stock GSR will run mid 14's 1/4 with a good driver. i have a gsr in my hatch and it is quick but an H22 hatch will squash me. it really depends because if you want to boost your car i would say get a gsr but if you want just all motor definitely go with an H22.
Old 02-05-2006, 05:39 PM
Registered member

Randy@FMS is on a distinguished road

H22 is alot more work to put it into a civic, and if you break an axle you can just goto advanced and get another... plus the shifting on an H22 is Garbage... get the B-sierses(sp) adapter plate so you can use a B Tranny axles and shift linkage... after finding this im considering sellin my type-r and gettin a h22 with GSR tranny.
Old 02-07-2006, 09:09 PM
horsepower=$$$

Thanks guys, you are very insightful. Wow, mid 12's in an h22 hatch, that's a little more than i had previously thought.
Old 02-08-2006, 06:36 AM
h22 what

redlude has disabled reputation

only reason LS-T says the shifting sucks is because he is used to missing gears so he can only shift with his lil B series tranny lol just teasing u Randy the h22 in a hatch should be sick, you should do it im sure you would love it.
Old 02-08-2006, 07:32 AM
Registered Member

pimpingreen13 is an unknown quantity at this point

i had a h22 integ and it was pretty quick. Its not that bad working on them and you can have ps and ac. To get the ac on you need a special bracket that you can find online. I ran a 14.4 with my integra with shitty ass street tires and no traction. (I/H/E) Also if you can get the lsd tranny. You should run a lot faster cause your car is about 600 pounds lighter if you have a eg hatch. Anyways hope that helps. I would say high twelves with slicks on a stock motor. And about the whole weight issue its only like 60 pounds heavier than a gsr swap not including ac or ps.
Old 02-21-2006, 02:10 PM
Keep on Keepin' On..

1_slowdx is an unknown quantity at this point

Ive been here, ive done that .... It's a Great swap to put in to a hatch ALOT of HORSEPOWER, and most of all Lots of TORQUE.. Not as bad as evryone makes it out to be i have the whole wiring diagrams, if u need um and i also have Pics of the full installment i think.. My car went 13.4's on street tires, Definatly a quick car.. Also A fun Swap
Old 02-21-2006, 04:44 PM
Sumospeed #O.G.

SlowLS is an unknown quantity at this point

I've seen a built h22 in a hatch only run 14.1's ant the track, and a built h22 in a crx only run 13's. I've seen b-series run faster times with less of a build.

Quick Reply: H22A vtec swap into a civic hatchback???