Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

GTO cam questions

Old 09-06-2010, 08:16 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the goat has a reputation beyond reputethe goat has a reputation beyond reputethe goat has a reputation beyond reputethe goat has a reputation beyond reputethe goat has a reputation beyond reputethe goat has a reputation beyond reputethe goat has a reputation beyond reputethe goat has a reputation beyond reputethe goat has a reputation beyond reputethe goat has a reputation beyond reputethe goat has a reputation beyond repute
Default GTO cam questions

So i have a cam and all my valve train coming for my 2004 GTO. I know there are a few ls1 guys on here and i was wondering if anybody has done one on here. Cus i have looked up the steps and it says pull the motor but i know you dont really have to do that but my question is do you to remove the heads or no cus that is one of the steps on the alldata but if anybodys knows what to do that would be great!
Old 09-07-2010, 01:47 PM
Your a towel!!!

zx2uner has a reputation beyond reputezx2uner has a reputation beyond reputezx2uner has a reputation beyond reputezx2uner has a reputation beyond reputezx2uner has a reputation beyond reputezx2uner has a reputation beyond reputezx2uner has a reputation beyond reputezx2uner has a reputation beyond reputezx2uner has a reputation beyond reputezx2uner has a reputation beyond reputezx2uner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: GTO cam questions

my suggestion would be pull the heads seeing as how your doing valve train anyways and take it some place professional, putting in new valve springs and getting the valve lash and shimming is a pain in the A*# unless you know what your doing. I've heard a lot of good things about the Head Shop... worth a call at least.
Old 09-07-2010, 01:51 PM
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER

Originally Posted by zx2uner
my suggestion would be pull the heads seeing as how your doing valve train anyways and take it some place professional, putting in new valve springs and getting the valve lash and shimming is a pain in the A*# unless you know what your doing. I've heard a lot of good things about the Head Shop... worth a call at least.
no need to pull the heads or set valve lash on LS motors.

Its really easy to do a cam swap in that car... Go on LS1 tech, I'm sure you can find a write up on it.
Old 09-07-2010, 02:22 PM
Cock chugginton

Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost

Yep no need to pull the heads. Make sure you get the tool for the springs. There is several ways to do the cam swap with the heads on the car. LS1hoto.com has a couple. Not for GTO's but there all LS's