Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Single cam turbo questions.

Old 10-04-2007, 05:34 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
important is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Single cam turbo questions.

I finally found a block that isnt 800 dollars(yes 800 for a damn sohc how ridiculous).The only thing is its bored out to possibly a 76.2mm instead of the standard 75mm.Now im a little scarred to buy it because running 8.7 pounds on a somewhat high compression motor,wont last long.Basically im asking what can i do to lower the compression without having to disassemble the block.I see what and only one good thing about having a 10.2:1 compression is i will have a little power before my turbo hits full boost.But at what sacrafice would i be taking?

Any input,both good and bad is greatly appreciated.

Btw the block is a d16a6,head is a d16z6,intake is a edlebrock perfomance x,all pushed and powered by a .42/.37 trim a/r turbo and drag manifold.

Last edited by important; 10-04-2007 at 06:17 PM.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:43 PM
Slowest HRC Member

BAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Single cam turbo questions.

Originally Posted by important
I finally found a block that isnt 800 dollars(yes 800 for a damn sohc how ridiculous).The only thing is its bored out to possibly a 79mm instead of the standard 75mm.Now im a little scarred to buy it because running 8.7 pounds on a somewhat high compression motor,wont last long.Basically im asking what can i do to lower the compression without having to disassemble the block.I see what and only one good thing about having a 10.5:1 compression is i will have a little power before my turbo hits full boost.But at what sacrafice would i be taking?

Any input,both good and bad is greatly appreciated.

Btw the block is a d16a6,head is a d16z6,intake is a edlebrock perfomance x,all pushed and powered by a .42/.37 trim a/r turbo and drag manifold.
T3? T4? TD04? T58?

Giving an A/R for a turbo is a joke. Trim is a solid #. 50 trim, 57 trim....it's derived from a difference in inducer/exducer size. The A/R is an indication of the airflow path around the wheel. These are all factors that contribute to the performance, but don't tell what the turbo is.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:48 PM
Banned

AiResearch .42/.37 trim turbo its bigger that a td04 smaller than a t3/t4
Old 10-04-2007, 06:09 PM
Slowest HRC Member

BAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond repute

AiResearch .42/.37 trim turbo its bigger that a td04 smaller than a t3/t4
link please?
Old 10-04-2007, 06:12 PM
Shooting 63's

idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda

Don't you wonder why it blew up in the first place?

That motor was high compression playa. The way it sat when you bought it...was running right at 11.5CR.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:14 PM
Banned

well i put it through a compression calculator and ill be right at 10.2:1 with a 3 layer.I was waiting for you to chime in levi.

ah ok i found out its a 76.27 not a 79mm bore.Im now sure i will be buying it.

Last edited by important; 10-04-2007 at 06:18 PM.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:19 PM
Slowest HRC Member

Originally Posted by idriveahonda
Don't you wonder why it blew up in the first place?

That motor was high compression playa. The way it sat when you bought it...was running right at 11.5CR.

I'm making guesses on the turbo, but I have a feeling it may have more to do with the turbo being severely choked at the psi he's running, if indeed it is what I'm guessing. That would cause superheated air, which in turn leads to detonation......
Old 10-04-2007, 06:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by HondaRules!
I'm making guesses on the turbo, but I have a feeling it may have more to do with the turbo being severely choked at the psi he's running, if indeed it is what I'm guessing. That would cause superheated air, which in turn leads to detonation......
Oh no it blew cause 5th gear boost is not good.'egts got way to high'.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:22 PM
Shooting 63's

idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda

Originally Posted by HondaRules!
The size he mentioned is the actual size of the turbo. That little thing made great power. You have a good point.

Oh no it blew cause 5th gear boost is not good.'egts got way to high'.
Along with high compression=death.

And your a dumbass anyway...everyone knows you don't do that.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:23 PM
Shooting 63's

Is the block assembled right now?

What pistons are in it? I've never heard of such an odd bore. You would have to get completely custom pistons for that application...

Quick Reply: Single cam turbo questions.