Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

GSX mods for the track

Old 11-18-2002, 09:44 AM
formerly 99gsxturbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Big 16GSX is an unknown quantity at this point
Default GSX mods for the track

I think i'm going up to VMP on friday to see what my car will run with the new turbo. I'm not expecting anything better than mid 13s due to my 10psi boost setting and lack of tuning. I am thinking about getting a 3" pipe made that will bolt up to the O2 housing and act as a side exit exhaust through the bumper. This will be track only of course. Can anyone think of any disadvantages to that?
I also may want to just install a test pipe, the problem is, my exhaust is fully custom so an off the shelf test pipe wont fit. The guy who built the exhaust for me will not install a test pipe. Who in NN will build and install a 3" test pipe for me?
Also, do any modifications need to be made to a DSM for a pocketlogger to work, or do you simply plug it in?
I may hook my boost controller back up and run 14-15psi, I havent decided yet. A slow car is better than a blown up car.
Old 11-18-2002, 02:11 PM
Your Local DSM Tech

Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD

Im surprised Heat hasnt jumped all over this yet -_- My opinion:
-- Make the test pipe measurements go somewhere say i need X" pipe and get them to make you one... why would they say no to that? You just put it on yourself

-- Why dont you buy a Dumped o2 housing instead of having to switch the pipe everytime you go to the track? Or are you worried about the cops around town?

-- As for the pocketlogger.... Heat had to pull a pin out of his i do believe to work (#13) dont quote me on that... Ask him.... he has one.... i just use DRB III at work ^_^
Old 11-18-2002, 02:44 PM
formerly 99gsxturbo

my exhaust system is 2 pieces, the downpipe is one piece, everything from there back is welded...the 3" cat is welded to the 3" pipe which is welded to the muffler. So I cant just get the pipe, i need flanges welded on the catback pipe as well. I have never been around a DSM with a dumped O2 housing, but I bet that its loud as hell, I dont feel like drawing that much attention to myself on the street.
Old 11-18-2002, 03:01 PM
HAM

Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat

A dumped o2 housing is kinda loud...but obviously only when the wastegate opens.
You want to hear one in person ?

We can log your car if you want with my logger, and I can give you the basic run down of what does what. The it's pin #8 with a palm m105 that needs to be pulled for obdII cars. Anywho, maybe you should come out one of these nights cuz I know pat needs to use the logger too.

Oh yeah...you can always just run open downpipe at the track. Now you talk about loud....holy shit
Old 11-18-2002, 03:15 PM
formerly 99gsxturbo

I ran around for a day or so without the downpipe on the car, i think i still have a headache. It just makes me nervous with those hot gases staying under the car. I do want to hear a dumped O2 in person. We need to get together sometime this week if possible. I would like to get my car running as good as possible before friday. PM me and let me know if you want to meet up. I dont have shit to do after 1 oclock until friday.
Old 11-18-2002, 03:23 PM
No Name Who?

Ninety7GSX has disabled reputation

Side exit exhaust if not done right = dirty ass car and possible melted stuff.
Old 11-19-2002, 08:04 AM
formerly 99gsxturbo

If i did go with the side exit, which i dont think i'm going to, i was going to wrap it up in exhaust wrap. I didnt think about the dirty car part, as rich as my car runs that would be a huge problem. Any other ideas about who will build me a test pipe?
Old 11-19-2002, 08:32 AM
HAM

Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat

Maybe I'm missing something...but like I said above, why don't you just run open downpipe at the track?
Old 11-19-2002, 10:37 AM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

you won't gain much from it.. unless you have a HUGE and i mean HUGE turbo, 3" turbo back will flow all you ever need.. no need to change anything else.. the dump sounds sweet and will cure boost creep more than gain you power.. are you still running the stock fuel system? you should be able to hit 12s on the stock fuel system.. you might have trouble getting timing if you have the stock injectors though.
Old 11-19-2002, 10:44 AM
I'm audi5000.

nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere.

dude u have the best name ever

Quick Reply: GSX mods for the track