Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

GSR and oil consumption???

Old 08-16-2005, 04:23 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
b18c1EJcivic has disabled reputation
Default GSR and oil consumption???

I recently got a 99 GSR engine swapped in my 99 civic. Yesterday is the first day I checked the oil level since I got the swap done. It was right at the first dot/hole on the dipstick. Is losing oil like that normal for a B18C1? I take it to VTEC everytime I switch gears and probably take it to redline 10 or less times a day. There is no smoke whatsoever even when I take it to redline. The engine has 67,000 miles on it. I looked at everything externally that I could and did not see any oil leaks, I have no CEL's and the car is still strong. What could it be?
Old 08-16-2005, 05:42 PM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA
Default Re: GSR and oil consumption???

Originally Posted by b18c1EJcivic
I recently got a 99 GSR engine swapped in my 99 civic. Yesterday is the first day I checked the oil level since I got the swap done. It was right at the first dot/hole on the dipstick. Is losing oil like that normal for a B18C1? I take it to VTEC everytime I switch gears and probably take it to redline 10 or less times a day. There is no smoke whatsoever even when I take it to redline. The engine has 67,000 miles on it. I looked at everything externally that I could and did not see any oil leaks, I have no CEL's and the car is still strong. What could it be?
so you have only checked the oil once? fill it back up and then drive it around a little more and see how that does. then recheck it. you could have a small oil leak or the fact that you redline it several times a day im sure isnt helping things
Old 08-16-2005, 07:02 PM
Registered Member

b18c1EJcivic has disabled reputation
Default Re: GSR and oil consumption???

Originally Posted by CHAHONDA
so you have only checked the oil once? fill it back up and then drive it around a little more and see how that does. then recheck it. you could have a small oil leak or the fact that you redline it several times a day im sure isnt helping things
Yes I have only check it once within a month, I didnt think it was going to be an issue. I did fill it back up yesterday. I dont think I have an oil leak cause I checked everything I could and didnt see a leak. I think it is that I redline and go into VTEC.

From another forum:

VTEC burns oil. It goes to a higher pressure and temp in VTEC...so if you're in VTEC a lot, that's where your oil goes.