Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

engine management

Old 10-19-2006, 06:11 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud of
Default engine management

i just recently got a turbo kit for my car, and i'm trying to decide on which management system i should go with. the car is a 89 crx, and is still obd-0. i've heard good/bad things about crome and uberdata. but i just want to get some opinions on what engine management you guys would recommend
Old 10-19-2006, 07:25 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of
Default Re: engine management

chrome, uberdata, if you're a cheapass.. Hondata if you want something that is really nice and still pretty cost-effective for what it does. It sounds like you just have an average buildup and nothing crazy.. so any of those should do you fine
Old 10-19-2006, 08:07 PM
Registered Member

Ross is an unknown quantity at this point

just chip and tune your obd0 ecu. there is no need to convert to obd1. You can get just as good runability with it as you could with OBD1.
Old 10-20-2006, 05:35 AM
fraggle rock

kyle h. will become famous soon enough

I'm curious as to what bad things you've heard about crome or uberdata? Turboedit is an option if you'd like to stay obd0.

links...
turboedit.org
pgmfi.org
Old 10-20-2006, 07:03 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

TurboEdit.
Hondata doesn't support or sell OBD0 systems anymore.
Old 10-20-2006, 11:55 AM
Registered Member

slow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kyle h.
I'm curious as to what bad things you've heard about crome or uberdata? Turboedit is an option if you'd like to stay obd0.

links...
turboedit.org
pgmfi.org
thanks for the links. its not really "bad" things, i've just heard from a few people that its not the greatest thing to tune with.
Old 10-20-2006, 02:07 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

It's freeware, it's not usually as polished as commercial software because there isn't the sheer amount of manpower or resources to throw at it. It's still better than having to pay Hondata for an expensive little circuit board that enables you to use their software.
Old 10-21-2006, 12:49 PM
Registered Member

for some reason i cant get the turboedit website to load. can i chip any obd-0 ecu to use turboedit? or are certain ecu's better for chipping?