Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Engine Management

Old 08-07-2006, 04:36 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
boots is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Engine Management

so i was sitting in the drive thru at mickey d's yesterday and my check engine light came on..its done it before but when i shut the car off and turn it on again its gone...well i tried to scan it but i cant find a port its a 94 integra with a 2000 b18c-r swap with a 94 p28 ecu.. i wanted to get hondata anyway i was thinking the s300 unit so that way i know i can scan the codes...does anyone know if i can scan for codes using the s100 or s200 units? and what does everyone think about the s300 unit i was thinking it was expensive but is it worth it?
Old 08-07-2006, 05:57 AM
Registered Member

Ross is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Engine Management

I would Not recomend the S100 or S200. If you wanted to have something like that I would recomend chipping your ECU and tuning it that way, You can get codes that way as well. I do like the S300, the software is easy to use and install is not hard. I also like the fact that the S300 is USB based and you do not have tu burn any chips, comes with all of your options. If neptune had released there RTP board I would of recomended that also.
Old 08-07-2006, 07:02 AM
Banned

yea thats what i was looking at but i think s300 is like 600 dollars then i have to get someone to install it and tune it im not trying to go broke doing this
Old 08-07-2006, 07:18 AM
Registered Member

sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue

Screw hondata. Way too expensive. S300 is the only one i'd consider running and its $600 like you said. I've tuned many cars on crome which basically is the same thing as s300 and it even checks your codes for you as well. All you need for crome is a chipped ecu.
Old 08-07-2006, 07:38 AM
Banned

well i got a p28 and im going to assume its already chipped because its running my type r i just want an easier way to check my codes because that flashing shit sucks plus ive been wanted to get an engine managment syste
Old 08-07-2006, 08:20 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

Originally Posted by boots
well i got a p28 and im going to assume its already chipped because its running my type r i just want an easier way to check my codes because that flashing shit sucks plus ive been wanted to get an engine managment syste

94 integras dont have scanner ports, they are not obd2 so you cant just plug in a code reader and scan it like the newer ones with the port under the dash. pasenger side kick panel, 2 pin plug, create the circuit, read the code on the dash, yea there flashing codes that you have to count but its very simple to read and look them up. i ran hondata s100 on my car for a while and was not very pleased with it. either get the new shit or do chrome or uberdata cause alot of people are having alot of success a whole lot cheaper than hondata.
Old 08-07-2006, 09:13 AM
Registered Member

xracerx2169 has disabled reputation

s300 is a nice system but if money is an issue that i will just go with crome it is free and ross down at precision auto tuned my car and it made 354whp at 16lbs on crome. its not a bad setup just not as stable as s300.
Old 08-07-2006, 12:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MORE IMPATIENT
94 integras dont have scanner ports, they are not obd2 so you cant just plug in a code reader and scan it like the newer ones with the port under the dash. pasenger side kick panel, 2 pin plug, create the circuit, read the code on the dash, yea there flashing codes that you have to count but its very simple to read and look them up. i ran hondata s100 on my car for a while and was not very pleased with it. either get the new shit or do chrome or uberdata cause alot of people are having alot of success a whole lot cheaper than hondata.
yea i know about obd1 i just didn't know if the car was converted with the motor swap but i guess not, but how much does the alternate management systems cost?
Old 08-07-2006, 01:49 PM
Registered Member

sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue

Originally Posted by xracerx2169
s300 is a nice system but if money is an issue that i will just go with crome it is free and ross down at precision auto tuned my car and it made 354whp at 16lbs on crome. its not a bad setup just not as stable as s300.
trust me its about just as stable as s300. s300 has had its share of problems as well. Pretty much all the engine managment programs have had their share of issues and bugs.
Old 08-07-2006, 02:03 PM
Registered Member

Ross is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah but the shit that has been going on with Crome 1.2(idle) is a joke to work around. I have sense switched back to 1.14 with more stable idle controle. S300 did have some issues when first released, but they hav fixed many of there bugs. For the money I recomend Crome, but some people have to have a brand name as I am sure you know.

Quick Reply: Engine Management