Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Engine Management

Old 01-24-2005, 11:02 PM
I have a 20 valve...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx
Default Engine Management

Ok, here is a quick questions. I've been doing a lot of research on EMS and Fuel managements, since I have none, am running rich as hell and would prefer not to foul up the motor with a lot of unburnt fuel

So, for an LS, non turbo, what do you recommend. I was reading up on AEM's EMS but it seems to require just more than the box.

I've also been looking at SAFC's but does anybody have any before and after info; how did it run before, and now....

Also, I've also been looking into Hondata. Would it be worth it, or would it be easier to go to a plug and play system as opposed to a fully built hondata?

I of course know that answer to that "Hondata all the way" but just wondering if something else could take its place.
Old 01-25-2005, 01:13 AM

StpH8n is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Engine Management

For the money and for your application i think the AEM EMS is way too much for what you need. I personally would recommend doing a uberdata/hondata type setup. I am running a chipped p28 setup and I love it. Im not running uber or hon, im running chrome but its the same basic concept. I have most of the tunability of a standalone and payed only a fraction of the cost (55 for ecu, 20 for chipping, 100 for dyno tuning).

So, my vote is a hondata/uberdata setup.
Old 01-25-2005, 01:25 AM
Registered Member

riven282 is an unknown quantity at this point

run uberdata.. the software is free and you can change anything you want. all you have to do is get your ecu chipped and if you look on h-t you can find people that will even chip the ecu for you if you are not good at electronics for `~75 then get a eprom burner for ~85 and yourset here check it out for yourself Uberdata
Old 01-25-2005, 02:15 AM
I have a 20 valve...

Originally Posted by StpH8n
For the money and for your application i think the AEM EMS is way too much for what you need. I personally would recommend doing a uberdata/hondata type setup. I am running a chipped p28 setup and I love it. Im not running uber or hon, im running chrome but its the same basic concept. I have most of the tunability of a standalone and payed only a fraction of the cost (55 for ecu, 20 for chipping, 100 for dyno tuning).

So, my vote is a hondata/uberdata setup.
I'm sorry if I gave you the impression that this was the run of the mill LS engine; its not.
Old 01-25-2005, 02:16 AM
I have a 20 valve...

Originally Posted by riven282
run uberdata.. the software is free and you can change anything you want. all you have to do is get your ecu chipped and if you look on h-t you can find people that will even chip the ecu for you if you are not good at electronics for `~75 then get a eprom burner for ~85 and yourset here check it out for yourself Uberdata

I'll check it out.
Old 01-25-2005, 02:21 AM
I have a 20 valve...

well uberdata is out, you need an OBD1 car, and my engine is OBD0
Old 01-25-2005, 05:39 AM
hybrid no more :(

Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert

hondata and AEM both need at least obd1... hondata doesn't sell the old style stage 2/3/4 for obd0's...i also believe that these were only used w/ pr3 and pwo but not entirely sure... I converted my crx to obd1 because of all the headaches of obd0... i do know w/ an AEM EMS you can even use the obd0 distributor w/ the obd1 AEM EMS... all you have to do is change some settings from a 24 tooth distributor to a 16 tooth distributor...good luck w/ you setup..
Old 01-25-2005, 06:09 AM
mini me on boost

mateo189 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by crxnfx
well uberdata is out, you need an OBD1 car, and my engine is OBD0
i have a OBD0-OBD1 jumper harness and 2 wire o2 sensor for sale...
Old 01-25-2005, 11:18 AM
Wii
Retired OG

Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii

Originally Posted by crxnfx
I of course know that answer to that "Hondata all the way" but just wondering if something else could take its place.
Nothing can take Hondata place when it comes to dailey street driven. Its the best engine managment system out there for Hondas. But when it comes to hardcore weeken races at the drag strip, thats when AEM EMS steps in.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:48 PM

junior1643 has disabled reputation

So for just moderate modifications to engine you should go with uber/hondata for OBD 1 and OBD 2 You should go with either the VAFC or THe EMS????

Quick Reply: Engine Management