Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

ECU Questions - 93 GSR

Old 07-26-2004, 05:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SuMeRbOaRd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ECU Questions - 93 GSR

Hey everyone, I have rebuilt my B17A1. The questions I have are primarly about the ECU... The engine was bored .030 over and the compression has gone from 10.5:1 to 11.5:1 ~ Would this mean that I must get a different ECU or what because now that little compression change would seem to create differences in it's original config, such as exhaust temp and fuel to air mix ratios.... Does anyone have any idea what I should do if anything and any other problems that might occur.

Glenn
Old 07-26-2004, 06:05 AM
sup

SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE
Default Re: ECU Questions - 93 GSR

hondata will weed out your problems.

planning on adding cams to that motor?
Old 07-26-2004, 06:18 AM

Still debating, kinda in a tight money situation and with hondata it's gonna be tighter but someday, if I keep the car, yeah.
Old 07-26-2004, 06:53 AM

I was just wondering if anyone might have an idea what the whp might be around after I finish puting the engine together. Like I said, all thats done to the engine itself is .030 bore, 11.5:1 JE custom pistons, Total Seal gapless piston rings, 3 angle valve job on the head. Then I switched my drive pully to an underdrive pully (BTW where can I get a fitted belt for an underdrive pully?) and AEM Cold air intake. Any other suggestoins?
Old 07-26-2004, 06:58 AM
sup

SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE

Originally Posted by SuMeRbOaRd
I was just wondering if anyone might have an idea what the whp might be around after I finish puting the engine together. Like I said, all thats done to the engine itself is .030 bore, 11.5:1 JE custom pistons, Total Seal gapless piston rings, 3 angle valve job on the head. Then I switched my drive pully to an underdrive pully (BTW where can I get a fitted belt for an underdrive pully?) and AEM Cold air intake. Any other suggestoins?
you wont see too much, pic up some ctr cams
Old 07-26-2004, 07:11 AM
Function>Form

DA-BEAST is infamous around these partsDA-BEAST is infamous around these partsDA-BEAST is infamous around these partsDA-BEAST is infamous around these partsDA-BEAST is infamous around these partsDA-BEAST is infamous around these partsDA-BEAST is infamous around these partsDA-BEAST is infamous around these partsDA-BEAST is infamous around these partsDA-BEAST is infamous around these partsDA-BEAST is infamous around these parts

170whp/ 120tq

Last edited by DA-BEAST; 07-26-2004 at 07:15 AM.
Old 07-26-2004, 10:16 AM
~

nickyroo has disabled reputation

glenn youve spent enough money on that motor to justify waiting a little bit longer to buy a good set of camshafts for it. they'll really take advantage of the increase in cylinder volume and the better flowing head. worst case scenario you replace the camshafts and valvesprings. check out honda tech you might find a good deal.
Old 07-26-2004, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by reuter
glenn youve spent enough money on that motor to justify waiting a little bit longer to buy a good set of camshafts for it. they'll really take advantage of the increase in cylinder volume and the better flowing head. worst case scenario you replace the camshafts and valvesprings. check out honda tech you might find a good deal.
Whurd to ya ReuDog ~ So is this what you do all day at work too? Read up and post on drag? Hollaaa
Old 07-26-2004, 03:49 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

For the small amount of stuff you have done, i.e. raised compression, overbore, etc., the stock ECU will work just fine. You can get some power out of the ECU from tuning, but the stuff that you did is well within the stock ECU's range of compensation. So you should be fine until you want to unlock some power with Hondata or some other means of tuning.
Old 07-26-2004, 05:04 PM
Ick
Lemme track yo bike

Ick will become famous soon enough

i have a p61 chipped by superchips for sale...a lil more aggressive than stock in terms of fuel mapping and timing. it's up for sale but it's pending.

anyways isnt the p30 a bit more aggressive than the p61? you could try that out.