Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

DSM Stumble problem

Old 04-18-2004, 06:16 PM
Taking the shot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
QwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these parts
Default DSM Stumble problem

Ok its a 91 eclipse 2.0L non-turbo, stumbles and falls on its face in higher RPMs and on full accelleration. So what do you guys think? Fuel filter, spark plugs and wires? Any ideas or suggestions would help.
Old 04-18-2004, 09:18 PM
RIP Chris Schader

g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x
Default Re: DSM Stumble problem

timing off a tooth or 2?
Old 04-19-2004, 06:07 AM
beep beep

Marie Marie Marie Marie Marie Marie Marie Marie Marie Marie Marie

yea check your timing...my talon did that and low and behold my timing jumped and now i need a new motor....of not that...injectors, check for any fluid leaks and stuff.
Old 04-19-2004, 09:58 AM
Taking the shot

QwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these parts

what would cause the timing to all of a sudden jump?
Old 04-19-2004, 04:09 PM
No Name Who?

Ninety7GSX has disabled reputation

worn belt, or a broken balance belt could have gotten caught in it
I'd do the cheap stuff first tuneup ...

If you know how to check the timing mights well do it then.
Old 04-19-2004, 05:53 PM
Taking the shot

k i think i figured out the problem, on top of the valve cover were the plugs are there is oil so im guessing screwed headgasket, this is my friends car and it seems to be having the exact same problems mine did. were gonna change the gasket, plugs, and wires and see what happens.
Old 04-19-2004, 06:49 PM
No Name Who?

Ninety7GSX has disabled reputation

You mean valve cover gasket.
I'd change the oil cap gasket too.
Old 04-19-2004, 08:32 PM
Banned

GotB00stPsi is an unknown quantity at this point

umm dont get ur engine to higher rpms.... or full throttle unless u want to buy a new motor.....take my advise
Old 04-25-2004, 07:26 AM
Home, finally

Citium2012 Citium2012 Citium2012 Citium2012 Citium2012 Citium2012 Citium2012 Citium2012 Citium2012 Citium2012 Citium2012

Ummm..... yeah, my 2G does the same thing. Mostly does it in a high gear at low rpm upon acceleration. Say, if I'm in 3rd gear at 3krpm and I push down on the gas, it'll throb and shudder. Once I drop it down to 2nd and take it to higher rpms it's fine. I remember changing my oil filter, fuel filter, valve cover gasket, gaskets on manifold and every other one on the exhaust assembly, spark plugs, spark plug wires, fuses, hoses, fuel pump, checked fuel and vacuum lines. Direct Performance tells me to check timing and install an AFC. I couldn't find anyone who carries AFCs, everyone carries S-AFCIIs, which is what I settled on. Yet to have installed, or have timing checked so I'll let y'all know then.