Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

dsm problem.....HELP PLEASE

Old 02-12-2004, 05:05 PM
EzE
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EzE is an unknown quantity at this point
Default dsm problem.....HELP PLEASE

ok im bout to take my car to tuners edge cause i am like overboosting....OR I GOT LIKE THIS NASTY FUEL CUT........although my little pin was already taken out of my wastegate to add some boost does any1 think i need to have 1 put back in.......what its basically doing is when i get on it! its got like a nasty lag and feels like something is trying to hold it back, i am not getting the pull i should.......like you can really feel what its doing just wondering if this has happend to any 1 and if they might have any experience with this

its a 96 gsx eclipse
Old 02-12-2004, 05:40 PM
No Name Who?

Ninety7GSX has disabled reputation
Default Re: dsm problem.....HELP PLEASE

boost leak??
bad ignition (plugs, wires...)

Did you hook the bcs back up right?
Old 02-12-2004, 05:56 PM
Go hokies

Chris95GST is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ninety7GSX
boost leak??
bad ignition (plugs, wires...)

Did you hook the bcs back up right?
What he said, what are your mods?
Old 02-12-2004, 06:18 PM
huh?what? your funny

blktalon is an unknown quantity at this point

if what they said checks out to be fine..check your intercooler pipes and hoses. i personally had a small hole in my piping and i experience a problem close to what you discribed.
Old 02-12-2004, 06:59 PM
EMF S2K

jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy

Originally Posted by EzE
ok im bout to take my car to tuners edge cause i am like overboosting....OR I GOT LIKE THIS NASTY FUEL CUT........although my little pin was already taken out of my wastegate to add some boost does any1 think i need to have 1 put back in.......what its basically doing is when i get on it! its got like a nasty lag and feels like something is trying to hold it back, i am not getting the pull i should.......like you can really feel what its doing just wondering if this has happend to any 1 and if they might have any experience with this

its a 96 gsx eclipse
good move taking it to tuner's edge. chris definitly knows his stuff about dsm's. good luck and sorry i don't have any good advice
Old 02-13-2004, 08:19 AM
the"V8nightmare"

blkmjk is an unknown quantity at this point

personly dsm sucks j/k but we still like u ernie and it is weird what ur car is doing u also forgot to mention that it smokes also and stumbles on normal accleration as well as hard accleration definatly take the car to tuners edge chris is the man and definetly knows his shit take it there now and the advice was good from the dude above even though it wasn't technical later pm me bout friday nite.

late.
Old 02-13-2004, 08:20 AM
the"V8nightmare"

blkmjk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by blkmjk
personly dsm sucks j/k but we still like u ernie and it is weird what ur car is doing u also forgot to mention that it smokes also and stumbles on normal accleration as well as hard accleration definatly take the car to tuners edge chris is the man and definetly knows his shit take it there now and the advice was good from the dude above even though it wasn't technical later pm me bout friday nite.

late.
we also need to fix ur boost gauge
Old 02-13-2004, 08:32 AM
INCONCEIVABLE!

MeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to all

?where is tuners edge never heard of it
Old 02-13-2004, 09:40 AM
Ivy Tadita

cootees will become famous soon enoughcootees will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by blkmjk

late.
How bad is it smoking? Check your compression. Sounds like it could be a couple of different things.

If the smoke is EXTREMELY bad. After the car was running, run your finger inside your exhaust. If you pull out oil, you might have blown a ring.

Other than that it sounds like you may have blown a head gasket or cracked your head. So, run a compression test on it, find out which cylinder it is coming from.
Old 02-13-2004, 03:17 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

put the pin back so that your wastegate will actually open. i'd start with that first

Quick Reply: dsm problem.....HELP PLEASE