Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

crx w/ b16, I want it to be faster

Old 04-22-2004, 07:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dorifto83 dorifto83
Default crx w/ b16, I want it to be faster

I have a 90 crx si with a b16a, it has a cold air intake, dc sport 4-1 header, straight pipe and 2.5 piping to the tenzo rear section. We put the car on a diet and it only has a del sol seat and its completely gutted. All air conditioning piping has been pulled out, no heater, and underneath the dash is completely empty. The only problem it has right now is the tps sensor is shooting a code, and we haven't gotten fixed yet but don't think it would hurt performance a great deal. The b16a is from an integra xsi, pr3 ecu. We took it out yesterday for a spin, and raced my friends v6 mustang and raped his ass. But when we raced my other friends 95 eclipse gst (he only has an intake, and he had two people in his car, and a heavy ass sound system) and we were even until about 50mph, then he just started taking off and the crx felt like it was struggling. It was a little dissapointing since the eclipse is a heavy bitch, but I guess what else can I add to give us more power. We were going to run a friends 5.0 mustang, and want to actually stand a chance. Thanks in advance
Old 04-22-2004, 12:52 PM
AKA DEATH TRAP

sikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these parts
Default Re: crx w/ b16, I want it to be faster

Turbo!
Old 04-22-2004, 01:02 PM
Die reinste Bösen.

gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear

get cams...Turbo isnt always your best option. www.jhpusa.com sells different ranges of sick cam shafts. My weapon of choice? Jun Stage 3 or 4 cam shafts with (of course) upgraded valvetrain. You should smoke quite a few cars with that setup...
Old 04-22-2004, 01:05 PM

Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma

Hahaha, you finally found out DSM's are beast huh?

Two ways to go: Forced induction, or naturally aspirated.

N/A: I would use the b18c1 block (for sale on dragva.com now) with cams and gears. Shave the head a bit (higher comp.). NO2.

Turbo: What ever that aluminum 1.6L can hold.
Old 04-22-2004, 01:18 PM
Die reinste Bösen.

gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear

Originally Posted by six out 6

Turbo: What ever that aluminum 1.6L can hold.

ive heard no more then 15 psi on stock internals (tuned).
Old 04-22-2004, 01:24 PM
ahhhh

split has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond repute

you can buy my built gsr block...then you will be super fast. Pm me if your interested and I will tell you what I have( It makes more than a stock type r)
Old 04-23-2004, 04:24 AM

Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma

Originally Posted by gear
ive heard no more then 15 psi on stock internals (tuned).
That is seriously surprising.

Originally Posted by split
you can buy my built gsr block...then you will be super fast. Pm me if your interested and I will tell you what I have( It makes more than a stock type r)
Get this.
Old 11-20-2005, 07:10 PM
rip

ruffryder22026 has disabled reputation

i have a b16 crx with full interior and ive beat a 5.0 and a gst all i have is exhaust headers and intake besides that its stock it ran a 15 flat in the 1/4 mile when it ran bad befor the headers so i dont know what im running now but i feels better then befor and i raced those cars when it was running bad
Old 11-20-2005, 07:27 PM
A.K.A Slowintegra92

VADA9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Sounds like you have got some problems in your motor or swap. Or maybe you cant drive? IT SHOULD BE FASTER!
Old 11-20-2005, 08:35 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Your TPS sensor is very important. Get it fixed.