VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Tech Talk (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-talk-9/)
-   -   crx w/ b16, I want it to be faster (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-talk-9/crx-w-b16-i-want-faster-50663/)

dorifto83 04-22-2004 07:04 AM

crx w/ b16, I want it to be faster

I have a 90 crx si with a b16a, it has a cold air intake, dc sport 4-1 header, straight pipe and 2.5 piping to the tenzo rear section. We put the car on a diet and it only has a del sol seat and its completely gutted. All air conditioning piping has been pulled out, no heater, and underneath the dash is completely empty. The only problem it has right now is the tps sensor is shooting a code, and we haven't gotten fixed yet but don't think it would hurt performance a great deal. The b16a is from an integra xsi, pr3 ecu. We took it out yesterday for a spin, and raced my friends v6 mustang and raped his ass. But when we raced my other friends 95 eclipse gst (he only has an intake, and he had two people in his car, and a heavy ass sound system) and we were even until about 50mph, then he just started taking off and the crx felt like it was struggling. It was a little dissapointing since the eclipse is a heavy bitch, but I guess what else can I add to give us more power. We were going to run a friends 5.0 mustang, and want to actually stand a chance. Thanks in advance

sikkcrx 04-22-2004 12:52 PM

Re: crx w/ b16, I want it to be faster

Turbo! :D

gear 04-22-2004 01:02 PM

get cams...Turbo isnt always your best option. www.jhpusa.com sells different ranges of sick cam shafts. My weapon of choice? Jun Stage 3 or 4 cam shafts with (of course) upgraded valvetrain. You should smoke quite a few cars with that setup...

Enigma 04-22-2004 01:05 PM

Hahaha, you finally found out DSM's are beast huh?

Two ways to go: Forced induction, or naturally aspirated.

N/A: I would use the b18c1 block (for sale on dragva.com now) with cams and gears. Shave the head a bit (higher comp.). NO2.

Turbo: What ever that aluminum 1.6L can hold.

gear 04-22-2004 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by six out 6

Turbo: What ever that aluminum 1.6L can hold.

ive heard no more then 15 psi on stock internals (tuned).

split 04-22-2004 01:24 PM

you can buy my built gsr block...then you will be super fast. Pm me if your interested and I will tell you what I have( It makes more than a stock type r)

Enigma 04-23-2004 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by gear
ive heard no more then 15 psi on stock internals (tuned).

That is seriously surprising.

Originally Posted by split
you can buy my built gsr block...then you will be super fast. Pm me if your interested and I will tell you what I have( It makes more than a stock type r)

:stupid: Get this.

ruffryder22026 11-20-2005 07:10 PM

i have a b16 crx with full interior and ive beat a 5.0 and a gst all i have is exhaust headers and intake besides that its stock it ran a 15 flat in the 1/4 mile when it ran bad befor the headers so i dont know what im running now but i feels better then befor and i raced those cars when it was running bad

VADA9 11-20-2005 07:27 PM

Sounds like you have got some problems in your motor or swap. Or maybe you cant drive? IT SHOULD BE FASTER!

Fabrik8 11-20-2005 08:35 PM

Your TPS sensor is very important. Get it fixed.