Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

comverting k back to d

Old 08-07-2011, 06:04 PM
Ovechkinator !

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TITS has disabled reputation
Default comverting k back to d

ok so i plan on buying a k ready eg hatch (dx) shell and i know you're thinking why not just put k back in it and the answer is because i obviously don't have that type of money so i need to know basically what parts ill need to convert back to d besides the obvious motor tranny ecu and shit like that and the range of the price . thank you .
Old 08-07-2011, 06:09 PM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch
Default Re: comverting k back to d

you answered your own question borski...
Old 08-07-2011, 06:14 PM
Ovechkinator !

mounts, linkage, harness lol okay fml thanks bro
Old 08-07-2011, 06:14 PM
Go cry to momma

Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness

Originally Posted by TITS
ok so i plan on buying a k ready eg hatch (dx) shell and i know you're thinking why not just put k back in it and the answer is because i obviously don't have that type of money so i need to know basically what parts ill need to convert back to d besides the obvious motor tranny ecu and shit like that and the range of the price . thank you .
If I'm not mistaken, you'll have to weld the passenger side mount back on... SOMEONE CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG, but if it's K-ready, the right way, PO cut out that mount and welded in the K mount. I'd ask if he used a bolt in mount or if PO cut out that mount and welded in the new jank... <that, and all linkage, motor/tranny, ecu, harness.....all that crap... Hope this helps.

Last edited by Nunyabidness; 08-07-2011 at 06:16 PM.
Old 08-07-2011, 06:16 PM
i pooped a squirrel

Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes

Originally Posted by Nunyabidness
If I'm not mistaken, you'll have to weld the passenger side mount back on... SOMEONE CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG, but if it's K-ready, the right way, PO cut out that mount and welded in the K mount. I'd ask... Hope this helps.
yup, so he would need another mount to re weld, then have to paint over it etc. also needs the usual swap shit ie linkage, ecu, harness
Old 08-07-2011, 06:20 PM
Ovechkinator !

Originally Posted by Nunyabidness
If I'm not mistaken, you'll have to weld the passenger side mount back on... SOMEONE CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG, but if it's K-ready, the right way, PO cut out that mount and welded in the K mount. I'd ask if he used a bolt in mount or if PO cut out that mount and welded in the new jank... <that, and all linkage, motor/tranny, ecu, harness.....all that crap... Hope this helps.
Originally Posted by Crnchy wen Blac
yup, so he would need another mount to re weld, then have to paint over it etc. also needs the usual swap shit ie linkage, ecu, harness

thanks fellas
Old 08-08-2011, 05:21 AM
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER

That seems kinda pointless if you ask me.

Its already had all the work done to get it read for a K, so if its a project, just take your time with it and put a K in it.
Old 08-08-2011, 05:28 AM
Slammedxpert

SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush

In all honesty, for it to be correctly done and reconverted, you might end up spending just about the same amount of money? Why not just go K or buy a D-series ready shell.
Old 08-08-2011, 01:45 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Why not just get one of the many Civics that already has a D in it? It seems like a bad waste of time to have to convert everything back to stock so you can put a crap D back in it.