Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

code 9 on mini me what can cause it? Chamaro and others help

Old 06-22-2004, 08:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devine_wind has disabled reputation
Default code 9 on mini me what can cause it? Chamaro and others help

98 civic with mini me d16z6 head and d16y7 engine block with d16y8 timing belt. I put on the bunked distributor then i bought a new distributor. same code 9. What else can throw the code? zex stage 2 cam shaft installed.

Has anyone had this problem with basically about the same set up ofr similar on their mini me?

please help.
Old 06-23-2004, 05:53 PM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA
Default Re: code 9 on mini me what can cause it? Chamaro and others help

Originally Posted by Devine_wind
98 civic with mini me d16z6 head and d16y7 engine block with d16y8 timing belt. I put on the bunked distributor then i bought a new distributor. same code 9. What else can throw the code? zex stage 2 cam shaft installed.

Has anyone had this problem with basically about the same set up ofr similar on their mini me?

please help.
what ecu are you using?? and i would have used the y8 head instead. it works alot better, no bull shit with messing with the distributor. ...........what is Chamaro anyway?

Last edited by CHAHONDA; 06-23-2004 at 05:56 PM.
Old 06-25-2004, 08:39 PM

Devine_wind has disabled reputation
Default Re: code 9 on mini me what can cause it? Chahonda and others help

I was using a p28 but it is bunked throwing a code 14 barometric sensor with my vafc. Then I changed my ecu to a p06 code 14 went away just it is a bit slower because of the less aggresive fuel map, ofcoarse no v-tec but eh, not like I use it so much, anyway.

My d16z6 cylinder head is built up, comp cam stage 2, valve lapped, p+p on eshaust and intake, cleaned out chambers,valve springs and titanium retainers, new oil seals.

I would like to use a y8 head but still will need another distributor and more money is wasted. I am not sure if the obd 2 distributor would go with the majority of the obd1 sensors, either.

I am going to be bringing my car to next level next week to get some work on it. I am having the timing belt re-done then I am thinking that when I pull out my crank angle fluctuation sensor(obd2) it should take care of the problem since it should be fighting with my CKF sensor built into the distributor (obd1)

I will let you guys know how my theory goes.
Old 06-25-2004, 08:45 PM
Die reinste Bösen.

gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear
Default Re: code 9 on mini me what can cause it? Chamaro and others help

you spent all that money on the headwork and your not even going to use vtec? gee whizz. id get it fixed all on a p28...otherwise your wasting more then just the money for the distributor.