Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

"Click" sound and my car won't start...

Old 06-14-2007, 06:53 AM
БЛЯДЬ!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG
Default Re: "Click" sound and my car won't start...

Originally Posted by CHAHONDA
thats highly unlikey that its the problem. when the main realy goes bad the car will crank fine but wont start due to the fuel pump not being energized. you my friend have either a ground problem or a faulty battery cable connection. or a combination of both
That what it sounds to me. Bad ground. The guy I just bought the car from, he recently changed the clutch so I'll check all the grounds.

Thanx
Old 06-14-2007, 07:21 AM
<3

elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz

Originally Posted by 787
That what it sounds to me. Bad ground. The guy I just bought the car from, he recently changed the clutch so I'll check all the grounds.

Thanx
Check the tranny ground that Jarrod suggested.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:54 AM
Registered Member

integrarj has disabled reputation

thats what it is, check your grounds
Old 06-14-2007, 11:23 AM

tatmonster has disabled reputation

check small wire on starter. its a female pin on the harness and male on starter. sounds like that could be in the picture. good luck

Last edited by tatmonster; 06-14-2007 at 11:34 AM.
Old 06-14-2007, 06:12 PM
standalonecomplex

JSL1CE is infamous around these partsJSL1CE is infamous around these partsJSL1CE is infamous around these partsJSL1CE is infamous around these partsJSL1CE is infamous around these partsJSL1CE is infamous around these partsJSL1CE is infamous around these partsJSL1CE is infamous around these partsJSL1CE is infamous around these partsJSL1CE is infamous around these partsJSL1CE is infamous around these parts

It might be a faulty relay. check all relays and fuses. Also, get yourself a voltmeter and measure the voltage in the battery, it should be at least 12.6 volts cold, check for excessive resistance in the wire from the battery to the starter, and check for the same in the wire to the alternator. With a freind, you should be able to also have him attempt to start it and then you, with your voltmeter, actually check for voltage at the starter at that time. if there is voltage there, you know the starter is bad. Also check the connectors on the battery for corrosion and the wire from the negative terminal to the chasse, check for corrosion on both ends. But before you do all that, remember to check the main fuse and all the fuses in both fuse boxes, including the ones for the PCM, ECU, etc...
Old 06-15-2007, 10:44 AM
Ghost

MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF

Originally Posted by JSL1CE
It might be a faulty relay. check all relays and fuses. Also, get yourself a voltmeter and measure the voltage in the battery, it should be at least 12.6 volts cold, check for excessive resistance in the wire from the battery to the starter, and check for the same in the wire to the alternator. With a freind, you should be able to also have him attempt to start it and then you, with your voltmeter, actually check for voltage at the starter at that time. if there is voltage there, you know the starter is bad. Also check the connectors on the battery for corrosion and the wire from the negative terminal to the chasse, check for corrosion on both ends. But before you do all that, remember to check the main fuse and all the fuses in both fuse boxes, including the ones for the PCM, ECU, etc...
Or go to Autozone or Advanced Auto and have them do all of that for you for free.
Old 06-15-2007, 07:24 PM
Team Ultraspeed

ultravtec757 ultravtec757 ultravtec757 ultravtec757 ultravtec757 ultravtec757 ultravtec757 ultravtec757 ultravtec757 ultravtec757 ultravtec757

Sounds like the main relay to me if all of the grounds and connections seem to be ok. The main relay is under the dash on the driver's side. It's tucked up there pretty high, but all you gotta do is buy a new one and then look for the same part under your dash. GL.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:43 PM
БЛЯДЬ!

HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG

Went to Auto Zone and everybody told me that it was the starter..... I just changed the starter for a used one form an LS. I guess both of the starters I have are bad? Checked my grounds and everything seems to be OK. Next thing? Wire harness fucked?
Old 06-18-2007, 12:50 PM
Ghost

MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF

Everybody at Auto Zone told you it was the starter? So they hooked up the charging system tester to your car and did the battery test and the alternator test, and it came back with everything was ok?
Old 06-18-2007, 05:37 PM
БЛЯДЬ!

Originally Posted by MerF
Everybody at Auto Zone told you it was the starter? So they hooked up the charging system tester to your car and did the battery test and the alternator test, and it came back with everything was ok?
Yes.
Could it be the ignition timing? I'm also smoking a little. (black smoke) so I'm running rich too cause my MPG sucks ass. I used 1/8 of a tank from Little Creek Rd to Lynnhaven.

I guess I need a damn tune-up. :s

Quick Reply: "Click" sound and my car won't start...