Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

"Click" sound and my car won't start...

Old 06-13-2007, 02:10 PM
БЛЯДЬ!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG
Default "Click" sound and my car won't start...

Like the title says. I already changed the starter thinking that was the problem but nothing. The car will start sometimes because I drive it everyday but sometimes it just starts to act up and all you hear is a "click" sound and nothing. Radio, lights, etc work fine. Any suggestions?

BTW is a 98 B18C5.

Thanx guys.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:35 PM
Ghost

MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF
Default Re: "Click" sound and my car won't start...

Battery or loose connection to the battery. Best way to know is when the car is making the click, turn the headlights on and try to start it. If the lights go out when it's clicking, there's something loose, usually it's corrocion on the ground terminal. Poor some Coke on it for a quick cleaning, and tighten it down. If the posts are tight and clean already have Advanced Autoparts or Autozone run a free diagnostic on your charging system. It's free and pretty much tells the tale every time.

good luck.
Old 06-13-2007, 06:10 PM
Registered Member

krazdracer has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by MerF
Battery or loose connection to the battery. Best way to know is when the car is making the click, turn the headlights on and try to start it. If the lights go out when it's clicking, there's something loose, usually it's corrocion on the ground terminal. Poor some Coke on it for a quick cleaning, and tighten it down. If the posts are tight and clean already have Advanced Autoparts or Autozone run a free diagnostic on your charging system. It's free and pretty much tells the tale every time.

good luck.

there it goes +1 sounds like a dead battery because the radio and stuff works...see if the connection on the starer is loose.
Old 06-13-2007, 06:11 PM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

Like others suggested, check the connections on the battery.

Also check the ground for the transmission. Sometimes if its loose this will happen.
Old 06-13-2007, 06:19 PM
Do You Want More?

Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only

i have the exact same drama with my accord... only on hot days when the engine is really hot... i get out... wiggle the battery wires and bingo! back in bidnez!!
Old 06-13-2007, 10:31 PM
БЛЯДЬ!

HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG

Thanx guys. I'll try that and see what happens. Hopefully is something like that and I won't have to spend a lot of money.
Old 06-14-2007, 02:09 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

if your having problems when its really hot outside it can also be your main relay acting up, pretty frequent problem on hondas when its hot out.
Old 06-14-2007, 04:54 AM
Registered Member

nthn Specl is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm having this exact same problem with my Tacoma. I haven't been able to figure out what factors make it not start (hot day, etc) or what makes it start when it finally does. I cleaned off the battery terminals and tightened everything down. It's very intermittent. I was going to start by replacing the Starter and go from there.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:30 AM
БЛЯДЬ!

Originally Posted by MORE IMPATIENT
if your having problems when its really hot outside it can also be your main relay acting up, pretty frequent problem on hondas when its hot out.
Not to sound stupid but where the hell is that?

Thx
Old 06-14-2007, 05:46 AM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

Originally Posted by 787
Not to sound stupid but where the hell is that?

Thx
thats highly unlikey that its the problem. when the main realy goes bad the car will crank fine but wont start due to the fuel pump not being energized. you my friend have either a ground problem or a faulty battery cable connection. or a combination of both

Quick Reply: "Click" sound and my car won't start...